how much would you pay for a table tennis bat (1 Viewer)

tacuric

HSC
My stupid friend want to waste $140 on a table tennis bat. Just cause it looks
COOL!!! I want to convince him that it is a stupid idea and is a waste of money. What would you do? Would you buy it? How much would you spend on the bat.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
The most I (or rather, my parents) ever paid for one was around $60.

$140 is just crazy. :p

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
The most I (or rather, my parents) ever paid for one was around $60.

$140 is just crazy. :p
yeah, that guy IS crazy....

btw, being crazy is the new fashion !!! :cool: :rolleyes:

*ahm* hey turtle

*looks through another table tennis site (maybe i can find that for cheaper!!!)*

radhika87

Pro
HSC
tacuric said:
My stupid friend want to waste $140 on a table tennis bat. Just cause it looks
COOL!!! I want to convince him that it is a stupid idea and is a waste of money. What would you do? Would you buy it? How much would you spend on the bat.
was there anthing special about it?

Genesys

HSC
That's ridiculous. It had better have been signed by the Queen of England, and have glow in the dark pigs on it (althought I don't know how that would work coz you couldn't play table tennis in the dark). It should also be able to play the game by itself and win.

Then and ONLY THEN is paying that much justified.

funniboi

HSC
i have a table tennis bat if you awnt it i can sell it to you.

rubber = markv and vstage. ( it's yasaka )

wood is good, i can't remember what it was called tho.

it's a compelte yasaka bat, with yasaka edge tape... lol.

if you're just starting out, i really recommend this bat for you, it's good to learn with, and the has good spin as well :)

and if you know how to play, i can offer you another bat if you want, i cant remember what it was, either steiga, or butterfly, (but its most likely the steiga, since my yasaka is better then butterfly).

YBK

HSC
Genesys said:
As long as it's not an expensive shoe....otherwise it would just be a waste.
true true...

i'm thinking, maybe, tap dancing shoes...!!! :D

klh

HSC
i cant believe i missed this thread....well ive used up some money on a bat hmm lets see
fist bat 30 bucks, a beginner stiga
than 60 bucks on a friendship/yasaka extra 3d wood my coach made for me
than 2 stiga innova rubbers as they were new and turned out shit as i was a crap player so tehy gone, 80 i think
than mendo for 30 bucks then again as they were good
back to my friendship and joola tango for around 70 bucks together
a stiga offensive wood for 50
all up= 320 abouts....iv efounf a nice combo for myself so im sticking iwt it.

how much will i pay? that will depend on wha ti will do with it, if im paying just coz it looks good well than that is a waste, but if your playing in competitions, its better to get good quality equipment, like any other sport, i mean you cant play real golf with a stick, pool with a chopstick, soccer with a hackysack etc.
i mean now that im experienced, equipment that has hype isnt really hype to kme anymore, as you can see ive spent money for the worng reasons and lived to tell the tale, so i spend on stuff that will get me places.
about that v stage, how much and what condition? new, very used?

YBK

HSC
klh said:
i cant believe i missed this thread....well ive used up some money on a bat hmm lets see
fist bat 30 bucks, a beginner stiga
than 60 bucks on a friendship/yasaka extra 3d wood my coach made for me
than 2 stiga innova rubbers as they were new and turned out shit as i was a crap player so tehy gone, 80 i think
than mendo for 30 bucks then again as they were good
back to my friendship and joola tango for around 70 bucks together
a stiga offensive wood for 50
all up= 320 abouts....iv efounf a nice combo for myself so im sticking iwt it.

how much will i pay? that will depend on wha ti will do with it, if im paying just coz it looks good well than that is a waste, but if your playing in competitions, its better to get good quality equipment, like any other sport, i mean you cant play real golf with a stick, pool with a chopstick, soccer with a hackysack etc.
i mean now that im experienced, equipment that has hype isnt really hype to kme anymore, as you can see ive spent money for the worng reasons and lived to tell the tale, so i spend on stuff that will get me places.
about that v stage, how much and what condition? new, very used?
omg, exact same combo i want...

stiga offensive WRB blade + stiga inova...

but then again i don't play in competitions.....

klh

HSC
but with innova it is really slow unless you speed glue it, after all its a speed glue rubber. thats what i found out so next time you read that amazing marketing campagin about feel, speed, control and whaterver the hell crap they are trying to market, make sure you hear form others and get opinions! i must say that innova was light as...felt like i was holding nothing. great control but works much better glued.

offensive is really hard and fast, great for a game that is far from the table but as i have crap fitness, i dont go far since then you have to move more lol, its got a great whack to it.

deosnt matter if you dont play comps, do you train? do you go to clubs etc to play wht others? thats the best way to learn, you play comps to learn more and try to win a trophy :) id like to challenge you if i could!

edit: you guys can pay whatever the hell you want for a bat, the point is that poeple will pay for goo d quality equipoment, and it also depends on the reason. i dont expect a recreational/novice to invest in some technologically superior bat unless they have that ability to handle it and are playing with it instead of using it as a show piece and cant handle the bat. I admit i used ot be like that too, wanted the best, but im better with my present combo which is easy to use and has good quality that i need instead of those crappy dunlop ones at kmart.

Last edited:

funniboi

HSC
im not seperated the rubber from the bat,

so the bat comes with vstage and markv.. hehe.

it's reasonable old, (about a year and a half?)

but it's still good for me, has heaps of spin.

if you got speed glue, just chuck some on. works a charm :)

im not sure how much its worth nowdays.. so yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)