how much work on their major works are people doing in the holidays? (1 Viewer)

sleepy12

HSC
im not sure what most people are doing.
its such an effort these holidays!

sleepplease

HSC
i want to get a draft done.
ie done load of research but barely started wriitng so this could be a challenge.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
What a perfect opportunity to just sit on a beach with a notebook and pen and write longhand (my preferred method of writing). Carry the notebook with you whereever you go and just jot stuff down, ideas, text, whatever.

Write, write and write. By the time you are handing this in you want to be on about your 20th revision (believe me) ;)

Good luck.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
As alcalder said, great opportunity. 6 or 7 weeks of time to write, research etc. The good thing about EE2 is that during the busiest times it can be postponed for a while. So making the most of this time will save stress in the long term, too.

Kray-AyzI

HSC
baby u looking at the prime time for ext2.....think about the days u have no maths test, english essays, chem pracs impeding on ur chance to further develop ur major piece....

yeah go like krayzie and hope that ur teacher dun think half of what u wrote aint donkey shiit XD

gl lterz

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Use this holiday well or you'll regret it later. :D

Trust me. :eek:

loz.elizabeth

HSC
So i guess your all saying that i am screwed then
i think i have writers block. i have been away for 3 weeks and i find it hard to manage writing and catching up with family.

should the first draft really be done by the end of the hols?

HELP>

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
loz.elizabeth said:
should the first draft really be done by the end of the hols?

HELP>
It's a good idea to have a draft completed by the end of these holidays but, NO you're not screwed if you haven't done that. I didn't and I managed to get everything done on time. Most people experience 'writers block' so just keep going and eventually something will come to you.

The only reason it's recommended to have a draft complete by this time, is so that you don't stress when it's time to hand it in. The earlier you finish, the quicker you can start on the editing etc. Be consistent with your writing from now on and you'll be fine. :)

Hysterik

HSC
I'm pretty much stuffed as I haven't worked much these holidays. Well, I guess I'll regret it later.

veronica6535

HSC
I have basically finished a draft of my story.. I have the main outline and everything.. and in the middle of doing my proposal.. i would like to think i have used my holiday wisely..

starrysky

HSC
Don't be of the mentality that if you don't work these holidays, you're absolutely fucking screwed. 95% of the time, that isn't true. I had my first idea stretch through my entire summer holidays of 2006 - 2007, wrote nothing during that break, then had another change of idea in mid-February, which lasted until my Viva Voce, and then another change of idea right after that. All in all, I didn't get a proper draft of anything done until sometime in early May, and then I had about 3.5 months to edit my work - which I did ferociously (i.e. showing up at the staffroom and lessons every week with some sort of a revised form of the MW) but consistently, and kind of at my own pace.

Tanzin's right when she says that you can/should use these holidays well; do something productive that contributes to EE2, not necessarily a draft. EE2's a sort of go-at-your-own-pace course, as long as you know the basic structure of things like due dates and assessments and can adjust your workload and outcomes to it.

Besides, everyone's different; people find they work more consistently if they have a shorter time-span in which to complete that work, whilst others prefer to be a little slower and more fluid in how they do their tasks. So it's up to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)