how much was ur formal dress? (1 Viewer)

How much did your formal dress cost?

• $50 or less - a steal!

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • $100 or less - pretty thrifty!

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • $200 or less

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • $300 or less

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • $400 or less

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • $600 or less

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • $800 or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • $1000 or more - Wowza!

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

Jezzabelle

i decided early that i wanted to get something that really signified me, and the reputation and character that i had built up over high school. I didnt care if it wasnt what the trend was, i knew that if i liked it and felt beautiful in it, then thats all that matters.

so i fell in love with the dress Jessica Simpson wears in her angel video clip, and that gave me some ideas. i found the perfect pattern and material was about $60 and the dressmaker charged $170. i am yet to get shoes,bag etc tho

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
mines a gorgeous studibaker one, on sale for $270 from $400.....not as big a saving as some peoples here, but pretty damn good! it was a 30% off sale i think!

special kake

my dress

my dress i thought was cheap 2 make.
i made it my self n its my dnt major work, it only cost about $150 in matrials all together. that includes the shawl as well.
cant wait 2 wear it if it still fits! haha

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
mine was like $120 on sale at David Jones... i spent hours looking all over the place with my mum, so when i found one that looked alright i was just like "watever, it'll do". It was really pretty, a light purple with different layers, totally different to what i started out looking for though.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
a nifty white one for 300 plus a microfibre black shirt for another 80.....still to find sum white shoes...anyone know where i can get white shoes from??...good ones too....without having to go to the city cos i cbf

tractor_chic

HSC
N/A
mine cost $550 which was way more than i was planning to spend but it was reduced from $650 and i paid a third, mum paid a third and my grandpa paid the rest. it is really nice and really suits me.
anyway we're gonna sell it after the formal so if anyones interested let me know.
its gold (not like metalic gold more like a orange/yellow gold), its strapless and flares out at the bottom with white netting around the bottom and beading over it. it goes down to my calfs and its a size 8.
it doesnt sound that nice when i descibe it with words you have to see it i suppose, when i get a picture ill post it.

legallytaouk

fark.. my dress cost $240,
my bag cost $50
my shoes cost $160
my jewlery cost $190
i bought my make up which cost $90
2 formal tiks @ $95each
still gota include hair, makeup, wax and transportation!!!
all up guna cost me ova $730

fark man... how much shopping would i hav been able to do.. still I CANT WAIT!

danie

a fool
HSC
i really don't understand people who have spent $1000 + on their formal. what a load of crock, seriously a dress/suit that you'll only ever wear once. it's illogical.

Wilko_chick

I'm just going to wear my deb dress, i really can't be bothered doing the whole shopping for a dress and finding matching shoes, bag ect again, doing it once was enough and seeing as how i'm not the shopping kind of girl i really don't want to go through all that pain again. Come to think of it, i'm not sure i even want to go to my formal.

twiddla

I think the suit I'm borrowing from dad is about $350 or something - but it gets regularly used by both dad and I so it is worth it i reckon!

emmamar

HSC
danie said:
i really don't understand people who have spent $1000 + on their formal. what a load of crock, seriously a dress/suit that you'll only ever wear once. it's illogical.
how do u know they will only wear it once?

Gemstone

Well I thought I spent a lot on mine but it seems that others have spent heaps more. Mine was $300. I paid 1/2 and mum paid the other 1/2 so it only ended up costing me $150

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
From memory my dress was around $100, and I loved it. It was the first dress I tried on and it ended up being the best... too easy

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Our school captain's hot girlfriend and her sister are selling their formal dresses for 70 bucks or something. (original price 100 or so)

Candypants

I'm probably going to get mine made from a fash deigner pal. She charges about $60, which is incredibly cheap for the quality and design from her.

I'm choosing to spend the majority on new shoes and hairsyle/ cut/colour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)