How much u wrote and wat mark u expect ? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Tim035 said:
I agree, if your typing 2000+ words in 40 minutes your obviously not intellectually disadvantaged and AT THE MOST should have a writer wrting your essay for you. A guy at my school deliberatly typed really slow in the typing test for special provisions, and as a result he actually got 20 more minutes to do the exam in
This is silly, intelectual disabilities are not the only ones out there and a writer would make essay writing very very difficult.

BrianTheGod

HSC
People with provisions piss me off.

However, if you have a LEGITIMATE disorder (learning disability, or something that can actually hinder your academic performance), you broke your arm, finger, or screwed over your ability to hold a pen and write. Fine, take the provision.

But it pisses me off to hear of all these strange 'ailments' that seem to pop up during the HSC year. There is a kid in my year who suddenly has friggen arthritis. I kid you not, hes 18 and has arthritis. Did he have arthritis last year? Nope. Another person i know from another school magically 'caught' dyslexia during their final year. This is crap. The HSC is crap.

Maybe I should have an extra half hour and be able to type up my essays on a computer because i'm white. Hold on, it doesnt work that way does it.

Good luck trying to cheat the system in life.

... Centrelink, here you come!

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
they should just let everyone write using a computer.. i can see it happening ten years down the future

the hsc sucks

HSC
Sleiphnir said:
4,508 words =)
I'm happy with that - I possibly should have written more for the 5 mark language (it was 1 typed page)
My essay was 2,054 words, creative 1,400 I think and 1,000 for the language
Altogether it was 10 typed pages, I think that's alright, but then again i don't know how many booklets that is - how many words on average is on a bos page?
modern history is on the 2nd november. not the first. gives u another day to study

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
wat r u on about.. was that sum attempt at a joke.

who honestly believes they aced AOS ?? .. i want to shake ur hand and then punch u in the head for being a fucken liar

Midas Touch

HSC
Hi, I'm a VCE student so this exam is totally irrelevant to me. But what caught my eye time and time again in this thread is the sheer amount of pages that you guys supposedly wrote, i.e. in excess of 30 pages. Your writing booklets must be either uber small, or youse are simply insane writers. Roughly how many words fill in a page? Even if its only 100 words to a page, thats still 3000 words in 2 hours, which is phenominal. I'm interested in finding out whether HSC english simply just a matter of writing as much as you can.

BrianTheGod

HSC
Sleiphnir said:
1. Wow you really are a fucking arsehole

2. UAI aim of 90+ is an open estimation. Basing a comparison of intelligence on being reasonable and a lack of cockiness is just fucking stupid. And since you like to paraphrase, this is the paraphrased version of your UAI aspiration; "Just because I want 100 and someone else is being reasonable by estimating 90+ then I must be going to get a better UAI than them". Does that necessarily mean that's true? Fuck no. You spend your time getting pissy at people with special provisions - yeah that's so intelligent and your English skills really shine there.

3. So apparently I have no morals or ethics because I have special provisions. I never said I was cheating the system – I said I was using it as it is intended to be used, which for me gives me an advantage over what would have been my UAI if I hadn’t – I have done exams without a laptop. Ask my year 9 and 11 English teachers – I have failed assessment tasks in the prelim course because a teacher could not read my handwriting. Why? Because I actually have a medical condition – you didn’t consider that because you’re so quick to judge all people with special provisions and cheaters who are abusing (not using) the system that is in place to ensure we have an advantage over our previous situation. If you care so much about my justification for my special provisions they are as follows; a. Dysgraphia due to severe poor fine motor control b. Panic attacks in stressful situations where I can’t breathe.
So please doctor, do you think I deserve my provisions, since you are of course in the perfect position to decide the validity of my claim to provisions.

4. Once again – how is my medical conditions cheating when I am using the system put in place to give people like myself an advantage over our own previous situation? I take it you didn’t fully comprehend my meaning in my first post since you were so quick to jump to conclusions, also influenced by your previous attacks on special provisions.

5. And this is an example of how you have jumped to a conclusion – you know nothing about my work ethic or intelligence. You barely even understand that I have a physical disability that hinders my ability to convey the content of my exams to markers. When this is all over lets compare UAI’s – but then again you’ll probably cry about how those wretched provisions obviously meant that I had some significant advantage over the over 60,000+ HSC students, including yourself.

And finally, no, you won’t beat me in English.

And you don’t know grammar/punctuation/spelling for shit
I’ll give you a hint, you’re is the contraction of you are, not your. That kind of invalidates your blatantly incorrect statement which is based on fuck all. Results say otherwise too.

In response to your more reasonable reply – As I’ve detailed in my reply to michaeln36 – I do have 2 medical conditions that are the reasons I qualify for the provisions (and have done so for the SC as well), so I’m hardly rorting the system – merely using it to allow me the marks I deserve. Using a laptop ensures this – my typed number of words is actually a bit slower than my handwritten papers. Having markers completely unable to read my paper is a rather harsh physical disadvantage seeing as though it’s only the physical product, not the content that dragged me down.

Oh and the_hsc_sucks – thanks for the correction, I missed that. =)
Ok, before you start criticizing grammar, punctuation and spelling of others, please take the time to review your own posts. Nice sentance structure there dumbass. Seriously, I can see why you need those provisions now. Good work, and let the hypocrisy reign....

crazedmo2003

HSC
Midas Touch said:
Hi, I'm a VCE student so this exam is totally irrelevant to me. But what caught my eye time and time again in this thread is the sheer amount of pages that you guys supposedly wrote, i.e. in excess of 30 pages. Your writing booklets must be either uber small, or youse are simply insane writers. Roughly how many words fill in a page? Even if its only 100 words to a page, thats still 3000 words in 2 hours, which is phenominal. I'm interested in finding out whether HSC english simply just a matter of writing as much as you can.

3000 in 2 hours is not phenomenal. I do 3000--3300 and I'm not a very fast writer.

I know people at my school who can do 4500 in 2 hours easy.

The expectance is around 40 minutes per 1000-1200 words. So then, 2 hours makes that count to 3000-3600.

BrianTheGod

HSC
Sleiphnir said:
And you do realise your own hypocrisy in this situation seeing as though you were the one that began with the insults (a pathetic one liner at that, which, in comparison to my own response you should have been able to fix spelling and punctuation etc).
Nice to see you can't even be bothered to have something of value to say - you just write one line insults. Seems to me like you're just trying to detract the focus from your own ability to form a coherent sentEnce by attacking others again.
If there's hypocrisy in this situation, you've reciprocated enough now. Have you actually got anything of use to say?
Sure, I had a message to say and it was expressed a page ago. I believe cheating the system for your advantage is wrong. Learn to read. Please, humour me and show where I have 'attacked' others...

I once again quote your previous message.

Sleiphnir said:
Haha it's hardly being retarded - it's being smart enough to use the system to your advantage. Playing the game - and if the result is a better UAI then I have no qualms about using the provisions. Life isn't fair - so why should the HSC be. And having a medical condition isn't 'being retarded' - it's a legitimate reason.

If you weren't smart enough to be able to use the HSC system to your advantage - don't attempt to bring down those who were. It's just lame and pathetic.
Good work. Thanks for 'playing the game' to disadvantage everyone who wants to get a legitimate hard studied, good UAI.

supermariobro

HSC
lol Sleiphnir the reason hes giving you one liner responses is because he can't be bothered to waste his time writting a coherent statement you wont understand. You know its kind of ironic you are critisizing his ability in english when I can almost most guarantee you that he will beat you in the total hsc english mark. Good Work.

Last edited:

amythegod

HSC
Sleiphnir said:
Oh by the way BriantheGod - if you decide to reply, I probably won't answer because I'm going to do this amazing thing called study. Clearly my lack of study is evidence of that lack of work ethic and effort I'm putting into my HSC. You know maybe you should try it instead of flaming those with provisions because you think it's just so unfair.

don't take out your anger on my boyfriend. we 'nomads' (oh im so reflective - get the reference - im such a nerd) just get irritated as we have to face watching people get extra time whilst we struggle as it is.

Also - studying so late at night is not a good habit - unless your nocturnal but yeh...

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
well, i kinda SCREWED myself over for section II which I left till last... with hardly any time...

i. 8
ii. 1/2 <--- YES, HALF A FUCKING PAGE!!!
iii.13

...and I had actually prepared a creative writing story and it fitted the question! I got down my first 2 paragraphs which basically consisted of waves breaking on a beach and a man dying - I seriously lost track of time, if I realised I only had TEN MINUTES LEFT, rather than much more than I thought (when I attempted to read the clock which was very far away :p ) I would have written down my plan so that the markers could actually see I was going somewhere - they are gonna pick mine up and go WTF - 2/15 max i reakon
...thankfully my other sections were really solid and I got a lot of info into them...

i. 13/15
ii.2/15
iii.15/15 if i get 30/45 I'll be happy... but it's wishful thinking lol

amythegod

HSC
Nick_R said:
well, i kinda SCREWED myself over for section II which I left till last... with hardly any time...

i. 8
ii. 1/2 <--- YES, HALF A FUCKING PAGE!!!
iii.13

...and I had actually prepared a creative writing story and it fitted the question! I got down my first 2 paragraphs which basically consisted of waves breaking on a beach and a man dying - I seriously lost track of time, if I realised I only had TEN MINUTES LEFT, rather than much more than I thought (when I attempted to read the clock which was very far away :p ) I would have written down my plan so that the markers could actually see I was going somewhere - they are gonna pick mine up and go WTF - 2/15 max i reakon
...thankfully my other sections were really solid and I got a lot of info into them...

i. 13/15
ii.2/15
iii.15/15 if i get 30/45 I'll be happy... but it's wishful thinking lol
can you go to another forum please - or
change your signature (as i have been told thats what that thing is)
this forum is for educational purposes and i don't like being subject to such opinions on subject matters other than those of education

Last edited:

haque

HSC
this is degenerating into something like jerry springer

Pilot

HSC
I totally agree with BrianTheGod, Sleiphnir thanks for "playing the game" and stop being arrogant because it won't get you anywhere in life.

aridd

HSC
Sleiphnir said:
I’m hardly rorting the system – merely using it to allow me the marks I deserve. Using a laptop ensures this – my typed number of words is actually a bit slower than my handwritten papers. Having markers completely unable to read my paper is a rather harsh physical disadvantage seeing as though it’s only the physical product, not the content that dragged me down.
"my typed number of words is actually a bit slower than my handwritten papers."

??

I highly doubt that.

If you refer to your previous post, you mentioned the fact that you had a 2054 word essay, a 1400 word creative and an extra 1000+ for comprehension on top of that.

That’s around 4500 words in total. That’s crazy for 2 hours, it’s bordering impossible. That averages out to approx 1500 words/40 min. Perhaps that’s possible with a fresh hand but you can’t keep that up for 2 hours, plus you need thinking time, particularly for comprehension.

YET YOU SAY YOU CAN WRITE FASTER THAN YOU CAN TYPE.

Conclusion: The markers were "completely unable" to read your previous papers because they were all piles of scribble.
Perhaps your physical disadvantage is simply – bad illegible handwriting.

And I said perhaps. Just ‘speculating’.
So if you still feel the need to further justify yourself, then do so in a way that won’t dig your hole any deeper.

Last edited:

supermariobro

HSC
I agree with aridd. In aiming to justify your wraught of the system you have left your argument full of inconsistencies. To call people too lame and pathetic to manipulate a system which is supposed to be fair is wrong. You do this yet you continue to profess your "moral values." By the way Sleiphnir if you actually did maths you would know that 4500 words in 2 hours equates to about 1 word every 2 seconds i highly doubt u could type that fast for such a long period of time.

And so the hole gets deeper

Last edited:

Carl_S

HSC
Section 1: Did last, 5 1/2 pages...hopefully 11/15
Section 2: Did second, 6 pages...maybe 12/15
Section 3: Did first, 10 pages...heres hoping for lucky 13/15!
Always was the optimist though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)