How much study do u do in Holidays? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Edu.kid said:
Studying on holidays does not work trustr me. Best you take it easy and prepare for yr 12 which isn't as hard as people make it out to be.
With that easy-going attitude, how did you end up?

renny 123

HSC
Im planning on starting now that its new year..
since school has finished i have written one essay, read some notes on texts, read 2 plays and 1 novel that i need for next term.
I havn't done much, its a little scary!
I am going to try and put in a solid 4 hrs for the next couple of weeks!

doopsta786

HSC
ahhhhhhhhhh
havent started yet plan to hit the books with atleadt 3-4hrs day starting tomorrow sounds good too me =]

bubblesss

HSC
plan to start hitting the books from today...about 4 hrs a day...or even more if i feel like it. :uhhuh:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I agree with the above post. You've got 6 weeks - why not use them?
I'm using them to prepare for the Half-yearlies, get all my notes done so all I have to do next term is focus on the next topics and I should have plenty of time to quickly go over the first topics covered in Term 4 08.

xMrRand0m

HSC
Well over the past two days, I've managed to fit in 8 hours of note-taking and finishing off some homework. I'm planning to finish everything off; all homework and revision notes with 2 weeks left of the holidays to read over them and do some practice essays / past papers.

HSC
wow everyone's studied so much already @.@
havent even started-any ideas for motivation?

xMrRand0m

HSC
☆ said:
wow everyone's studied so much already @.@
havent even started-any ideas for motivation?
Aren't there heaps of motivational ideas out there on BoS? I mainly use the UAI as a motivational tool and also through asking uni students that have already done their HSC and achieved a great UAI. Getting advice and lectures about the HSC mainly motivates me =)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Fear of disappointment and shame of failure, accompanied by consequences is usually enough motivation.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
haha. Aplus didn't sugarcoat did he. its true though

Edu.kid

HSC
lyounamu said:
With that easy-going attitude, how did you end up?

i got 97.1 by prepare i mean mentally prepare and relax yourself and rejuvinate yourself for all out studying. You should just write notes on holidays but i am saying studying during holis doesn't work i tried it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Edu.kid said:
i got 97.1 by prepare i mean mentally prepare and relax yourself and rejuvinate yourself for all out studying. You should just write notes on holidays but i am saying studying during holis doesn't work i tried it.
So if you want high 99+, you wouldn't recommend that, would you?

frankenslut

hella adequate
HSC
lyounamu said:
So if you want high 99+, you wouldn't recommend that, would you?
Oh for crying out loud. That's a fantastic mark, and pretty good evidence to support that kooky "do what works for you and don't kill yourself trying to fulfill unrealistic explanations" idea.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
frankenslut said:
Oh for crying out loud. That's a fantastic mark, and pretty good evidence to support that kooky "do what works for you and don't kill yourself trying to fulfill unrealistic explanations" idea.
You're avoiding Namu's question.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I actually think studying in the holidays can be very enjoyable, cuz of the lack of time constraint, you can delve deep into topics for hours if you want to. Its very different to usual studying, trying to imprint information on your brain so you can move on to the next thing, which imo is stressful and tedious.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I think slowly studying in the holidays will actually be beneficial. If you bludge for 6 weeks straight - when you get back to school - it'll take you a while to be able to adapt to studying again - whereas if you took a break for 1-2 weeks, then slowly build up studying - you should be able to study heaps when you get back to school.

selablad

HSC
I think the best thing would probably be to pick a few topics that look really interesting, and just start learning about them for fun, I guess. Really delve into them in ways that won't be possible when there's the HSC coming up and you have to study what's going to be on the exam. That way you don't have the stress of full-on studying (writing notes, obsessing over the syllabus, cramming down information) but you still carry on learning informally, and by the time that topic rolls around you'd have developed an interest and some knowledge in it, which can only be a good thing, right?

sahel

HSC
who studied in te holidAYS

who bludged?

who thought they would study but ended up bludging?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)