how much study are you doing a day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Depends on what work I do/what music I listen to. But since my net isn't working too well at the moment I'll be off rather early tonight (for me anyway) :)
Net seems to be working better than my msn :p & this is not late to you :confused:

starrysky

HSC
I'm so happy with myself. I did four hours of Business Studies study study study today, and finished notes on Topic 1. Tomorrow shall be spent finishing Topics 2 - 5.

My late is ... all night? Heh.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Hehe, I know :( Well my net won't let me go to any other sites than BoS, and seems to be maintaining my MSN, but that is all it's doing. Nope, my late is around 2-3am :uhhuh:
Yeah, im usually in bed - but listening to music. It really has become a bad habit! Mr.Gabriel - SAVE ME! :(

starrysky said:
I'm so happy with myself. I did four hours of Business Studies study study study today, and finished notes on Topic 1. Tomorrow shall be spent finishing Topics 2 - 5.

My late is ... all night? Heh.
Woohoo! Xuan congratumalations! You did it! :D I'm very proud of you, i just wish i could say the same for myself.

starrysky

HSC
tanjin said:
Yeah, im usually in bed - but listening to music. It really has become a bad habit! Mr.Gabriel - SAVE ME! :(

Woohoo! Xuan congratumalations! You did it! :D I'm very proud of you, i just wish i could say the same for myself.
Lol. Aww. Still, half-hour is better than nothing!

E-HUG! <3

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
It ranges everyday..somedays when im productive i do like 6 hours

others , like today cause it was soo hot..

i did a 4u maths paper and 2 dot points for phys -_-

becko the gecko

HSC
made a study timetable which schedules 9 hours of study a day in 3 hour blocks, with 1 hour breaks in between.

i am usually the biggest procastinator but i am suprised at how well i am actually sticking to it! the only thing im not doing is the half hour exercise break :S

so if your having trouble getting motivated try a timetable... worked for me!

G

gaoOO

tanjin said:
I'm pretty sure that my mum will let it loose though. *Sigh*
i agree. If the UAI is bad, she'll run around telling everyone how i did so badly, and if the UAI is good, then she'll gloat about how i did well. Unfortunately, the threshold for doing "well" seems to be 99.5? :eek:

yesterday, i did about 3 hours total. I ended up swimming instead.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
gaoOO said:
i agree. If the UAI is bad, she'll run around telling everyone how i did so badly, and if the UAI is good, then she'll gloat about how i did well. Unfortunately, the threshold for doing "well" seems to be 99.5? :eek:

yesterday, i did about 3 hours total. I ended up swimming instead.
My mum wont be too happy to mention my uai to anyone if its really bad - well she might but she'll be upset & if its good well then, i have no control over her. 99.5? Dear god, i hope not! My parents are happy as long as i get into UTS...I think i can manage that.

Hopefully today i'll get at least 5 hours done :D I tend to study better at night.

ilovenatalie

HSC
Waking up at around 9 and studying for 2 hours with a 10 minute break in between and a 20 minute break at the end, then doing it again 3 times throughout the day=6 hours all up. Not that bad, but I've already done half my HSC for Maths-93, Ext. Maths-47/50 and Physics-88 as I am doing Pathways.
heck yea Pathways!!!!!
Now I've just got Modern History and English adv. to study for, and then a 12 day gap in between History and French.
I'm studying in the tranquility of my Blue Mountains home as well. heck yea!
=]

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ilovenatalie said:
Waking up at around 9 and studying for 2 hours with a 10 minute break in between and a 20 minute break at the end, then doing it again 3 times throughout the day=6 hours all up. Not that bad, but I've already done half my HSC for Maths-93, Ext. Maths-47/50 and Physics-88 as I am doing Pathways.
heck yea Pathways!!!!!
Now I've just got Modern History and English adv. to study for, and then a 12 day gap in between History and French.
I'm studying in the tranquility of my Blue Mountains home as well. heck yea!
=]
:) Pathways sounds a bit less stress free but my parents dont want me to spend another year doing anything school related and neither do i! I just want to finish the HSC!

ilovenatalie

HSC
I actually don't have to do 3 years of school, it's just 2 years for me, we just to half-half, you know?
What subjects are you doing?

ilovenatalie

HSC
wait I just saw your subjects, what topics are you doing for modern history?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
ilovenatalie said:
wait I just saw your subjects, what topics are you doing for modern history?
With pathways, i meant staying in school for an extra year - not 3 years!

Modern History - Core topic - WWI, Russia & the USSR, Trotsky & Cold War

Why?

G

gaoOO

tanjin said:
My mum wont be too happy to mention my uai to anyone if its really bad - well she might but she'll be upset & if its good well then, i have no control over her. 99.5? Dear god, i hope not! My parents are happy as long as i get into UTS...I think i can manage that.
i think it's a thing with asian parents that they love talking about all the stupid, embarassing things their children have done, and how lousy their children are when it comes to study (he ONLY got a UAI of 99.75) [very lousy of you ask me :mad1: )

ilovenatalie

HSC
tanjin said:
With pathways, i meant staying in school for an extra year - not 3 years!

Modern History - Core topic - WWI, Russia & the USSR, Trotsky & Cold War

Why?
Yea what I mean is that I don't have to stay in school for an extra year! I finish my HSC in 2 years like you do.
I was just wondering cause I do modern history too but I do Indochina and was wondering if you did it!
Apparently not...
Russia is really interesting though it seems, what do you think of it?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
gaoOO said:
i think it's a thing with asian parents that they love talking about all the stupid, embarassing things their children have done, and how lousy their children are when it comes to study (he ONLY got a UAI of 99.75) [very lousy of you ask me :mad1: )
My parents are pretty normal about this - its their friends that are a pack of friggen weirdos. They care more about what i got than my parents. I'm lucky that my parents are quite supportive of most of the things i do and they know im stubborn so if they dont support me, i'll do it anyway. :)

ilovenatalie said:
Yea what I mean is that I don't have to stay in school for an extra year! I finish my HSC in 2 years like you do.
I was just wondering cause I do modern history too but I do Indochina and was wondering if you did it!
Apparently not...
Russia is really interesting though it seems, what do you think of it?
How does that work? Isn't pathways where you do some of your yr 12 subjects in your HSC year and the remainder the following? I know that it takes two years two complete pathways but if you do pathways wouldnt you have to stay at school for an extra year? Meh never mind.

Studying the Romanovs in year 11 was interesting but the yr 12 content can be interesting at times but most of it is quite dry. Cold War gives me the ultimate shits.

Last edited:
G

gaoOO

tanjin said:
My parents are quite about this - its their friends that are a pack of friggen weirdos. They care more about what i got than my parents. I'm lucky that my parents are quite supportive of most of the things i do and they know im stubborn so if they dont support me, i'll do it anyway. :)
so it's only me that gets all my most embarassing moments shouted out to the world.

i'm definitely expecting at least 30 phone calls after UAIs are released. In fact, my parents know about 15 other people doing the hsc this year. I sincerely hope they all fail (well not really, all that have to do is get a little bit worse than me...)

fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
hi

ummmm if anyone can read my essay on AOS and tell me what i am doing wrong it will be very much appricated...

i can never get more than 8/15 *sigh*
you should probably post on the english forum, but if you post it here, i'll take a look if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)