How much money do you spend per week at Uni?? (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
how much longer is your degree? 2011?
anywho have you heard of the equity scholarships Ruddy is doing... anyone that gets youth allowance gets $2354 bonus a year, i dnt know what happens if you are already doing a course, but on the sheets this guy at centrlink gave me it says it starts 1 january 2010.
Yep, two more years to go. Man I hope I am eligable for this extra $2354. Will have to head to Centrelink to check it out.

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
An Engineer student might find it hard to understand that Non-Engineers like to have fresh, nice clothes, and other nice things. Not all of us like to live in the New Balance sewers that you and your pals inhabit.
Have you even met an engineering student? They dress like any other uni student does. Stop generalising.

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
Have you even met an engineering student? They dress like any other uni student does. Stop generalising.
Yea sorry let me clarify. 90% of Engineering students are unkempt, geeky, borderline asberger New Balancers with billabong backpacks. The other 10% are decked out in military uniforms, giving murderous looks and criminal smirks (See Uncle).

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Yea sorry let me clarify. 90% of Engineering students are unkempt, geeky, borderline asberger New Balancers with billabong backpacks. The other 10% are decked out in military uniforms, giving murderous looks and criminal smirks (See Uncle).
I hope you meant asperges and I'm guessing 90% of engineers are too social to have asperges and the 10% should be doing maths/computer science/physics.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I live at home so i do not pay rent or pay for food mostly

but i use about $50 bucks a week by the time i ad up train tickets, bus tickets, and i buy lunch and coffee sometimes.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Your train systems must be hell bad.

Takes me 40-60 mins to get to uni (bus-train-bus) and I only pay $1.05 there and back so $11 a week at the most S:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Your train systems must be hell bad.

Takes me 40-60 mins to get to uni (bus-train-bus) and I only pay $1.05 there and back so $11 a week at the most S:
Its true, i hate city rail, i hate them so so very much.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Its true, i hate city rail, i hate them so so very much.
Not as bad as melbourne though I think - they wouldn't accept my health care card, uni student card or highschool card as appropriate consession so it cost like $6 to get to my friend's house which was only 1 bus + 3 train stops away

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
The city rail machine took my last 20 for the week and didn't give me any change or tickets. The guy at the window was a dick and said it wasn't his problem. I only got home after some nice old man gave me some money :( I hate city rail.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
^That's just bull....they should have cameras or stuff, demand your money!!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I don't really care anymore tbh, i imagine it would be some huge process, but yeah that was a shit day.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Haha I chose to walk home with some girls at 10 after a confrence instead of get the train and all my friends were like dude it's not safe. Ended up getting to the backpackers 10 mins before they did and they had some homeless guy flash them :D

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
There are some people who are just so wasteful in what they spend at uni.

E.g. some guys pay to print like 4 lines (e.g. event info or exam info) worth of writing on paper all the time...geez is it that hard to just write it down? lol

Also, some people pay for food/drinks at rip off prices on the nearest vending machine when a cafe or food court just a few metres away sells exactly the same thing for much cheaper lol

Last edited:

Otacon2009

HSC
I spend lightly at uni. Most expensive purchase I make at uni is my HECS bill and textbooks. I only payed $155.75 rent at the campus, spent around $20-$30 of groceries and spent $50 a week for other purchases (takeaway etc) so I spent rather lightly. The Youth Allowance certainly helped though as it meant I didn't have to work as much as I did in semester 1.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Food/necessities: $50 (I usually bring snack bars or something from home so this is for coffee, water etc.)
Travel: $60 (petrol, buses and trains)
Clothes shopping: $? (I only buy things when I need them)

YOu can tell I have a very extravagant spending nature.

P.T.F.E

HSC
what about if u live on campus ike the villages??? they cost a motsa in rent???

HSC
Also, some people pay for food/drinks at rip off prices on the nearest vending machine when a cafe or food court just a few metres away sells exactly the same thing for much cheaper lol
I've worked out at my uni that drinks are actually cheaper from vending machines than from the food court/cafes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)