How much have u done on Your major Project and when is it due? (1 Viewer)

philly17

Hey I havent done much On my project I have done a marked draft but need to put it together mine is due 25th June

*dont_tempt_me*

i havent even started i have no plan or anything i am so swamped with modern and ancient and everything else, ive gotten heaps of info but i dont know where to start, mine is due in 9 weeks i dont know the date.
no worries i work good under pressure but this is just too hard.!!!!!!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
im pissed off...it seems alot of ppl have the july holidays! ours is due in week 8 of this term! the proposal was only due a few weeks ago and they are being so damn casual about it!! :mad:

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Mine's due near the end of term 2...we don't even have a specific date set yet. I haven't done that much...just gathered sources etc. I really need to start writing...

Mike iE

HSC
Ours is due first day back Term 3

I havent really done much, we have to hand in a draft in about week 5 this term

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
im pissed off...it seems alot of ppl have the july holidays!
we don't get the july holidays either, and at first I was pissed off, but then I thought about it. Isn't it better to get it over and done with so that we can concentrate on our trials?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah i guess you're right...i just felt like whining..ill stop now :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
ours is due week 9 or term 2....

haven't started writing yet though.. i feel like i need to do more research, which i should get cracking on

ptitsa

make me lose my buttons
HSC
mine's due in 5 weeks...and i havent done much at all...

R

randhi

at least you know you have three drafts due sometime, i don't even know how many i'm suppose to do and when they are due, except that the whole thing is due week 10 of this term.

Demandred

HSC
Early term 3! :D:D:D

Draft at 1600 words, some several hundred words more and footnoting to do!

Mines about the transition of the French Revolution, basically Marxists vs Revisionists.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by randhi
at least you know you have three drafts due sometime, i don't even know how many i'm suppose to do and when they are due, except that the whole thing is due week 10 of this term.
I bet that when we get back to school they'll tell us that we have to hand a draft in sometime in the next couple of weeks. They seem to have everything planned, but they never tell us anything!

R

randhi

yep thats about right, i've done so little on mine, i have no solid focus questions or enquiry questions and well i'm basically stuck on my history extension area anyway and theres only 10 weeks left... i think i might do mad

Nerissa

Hey guys! Thanks to all those who reviewed my proposal. OMG, we're talking about the major project already?? We haven't even handed up the proposal yet - it's due the Wednesday of the first week back. Having said that, my cow of a teacher - will not rant, will not rant... - wanted us to put so much detail into our proposal that I have had to do all my research...somewhere between 200-300 photocopied pages I've got floating around in my study room at the moment...We have three drafts 'officially' due, though our teacher wants us to hand in at least 8 (!!!). The first is due Week 5 of Term 2, the second Week 7, the third Week 9. Actual project due Week 2 Term 3. So yes, I will have the July holidays, but by then hopefully I will only have some minor things to fix and then it'll be done so I can concentrate on trials...another assessment, GRRR!!! The general consensus around here is that most people have done little, if any, work - that makes me feel a lot better. Those of you who like to work consistently I'm sure have made a start...for last minute people like me, just buy up coffee in preparation for the horrendous all - nighter (or maybe several all nighters in a row...think I'm going to ask mum for a hug...)!!
PHILOMENA_86 ---> Marked drafts are a good thing, especially if you have a teacher like mine. Seriously, if I hadn't handed up a billion drafts of my proposal, I would have gotten 1/10 for sure (and I'm not even sure that I won't get that now...) Your teacher marks the drafts? Lucky - ours just scribbles all over them.
TECHIE ----> We have the same due date. I'm sensing an opportunity for swapping and proofreading...up for it? (Probably not, after your in - depth review of my proposal, you're sick of me for sure!!)
SARAH168 ---> What's up gorgeous? Please don't stress...there's only five weeks between my proposal due date and hand up of first draft, so lots of people are in the same boat. And you'll be glad it's over once you hit the holidays...one thing less for you to do. What are you worrying about anyway - you know you're going to ace it. Who's that in your avie? Is it...Gerard Depardieu??
DEMANDRED ----> Draft at 1600 words? How did you fit it all in in such a small amount of words...My first draft's probably going to be 10,000 words long - not enough words!!! Need more, need more (in a zombie like voice). We should swap: you don't write enough, and I write too much, so maybe if we switch, it'll be perfect.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Nerissa
Your teacher marks the drafts? Lucky - ours just scribbles all over them.
At least you get some sort of scribbles :).I don't think our teachers were too keen on actually receiving any drafts because they said, because it's internally marked, they feel if they see drafts, they'll be almost editing our final copy...I reckon the real reason is that they're too lazy to mark 40 drafts...or more, depending on how many each person hands in.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Nerissa
SARAH168 ---> What's up gorgeous? Please don't stress...there's only five weeks between my proposal due date and hand up of first draft, so lots of people are in the same boat. And you'll be glad it's over once you hit the holidays...one thing less for you to do. What are you worrying about anyway - you know you're going to ace it. Who's that in your avie? Is it...Gerard Depardieu??
LOL...no its ralph fiennes..again :p

and yeah, i wasnt stressing...just whining i guess hehe but im over it now and would rather have it due before the holidays so that i dont have the option to procrastinate on it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)