How much has your BOW cost? (1 Viewer)

babeishnes

I have spent like $900 on my BOW i have handed it in but still need to get them framed eventually which is going to be like another $900

miffytoki

HSC
i think all up i paid about $100 but i did film so thats relatively cheap....some ppl in my class tho spend $500 (perspex box)....lots of ppl got lights installed in their artworks i think that cost a bit cos of the electicians and all....a girl i nthe toher class spent like 600 on printing alone...but i think 600 was about the limit.

danie

a fool
HSC
Our school gave each student a budget and they pay for it, anything over we pay and if there's anything we've done or bought with our own money, we bring in the receipt and they pay... all under budget of course. Does that make sense? I've read over it and realised my post isn't that coherent.

MindRiot

stickwriter
HSC
holy sh*t, a lot of you paid so much, esp those over $300!

...actually I may have spent that much too, but my parents paid for it. did you guys pay for yours? or did your parents?

that student budget seems good... but it won't happen when you're school's a bit tight and if they don't really have much trust in the quality of their student artists...

_kc

HSC
N/A
DC10 said:
all i had to pay for atm is my school art fees for yr 12 and that was like 50 bucks :) everything provided (cardboard paper for drawing, charcoal pencil etc.)
Me to. Our school supplied pretty much everything. We had heaps of people doing art as well (3 classes of around 20). At one stage, we ran out of white paint and it didn't get delivered in ages. We were forced to use calcite instead. Ugh.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
_kc said:
At one stage, we ran out of white paint and it didn't get delivered in ages. We were forced to use calcite instead
LOL! That sounds just like our school.... severe lack of resources.

Even our classroom was crap. The laminate on the floor began peeling off and everyday people kept tripping over it, falling etc. So eventually we were forced to staple the floor back down. :rolleyes:

But yes, the 'make do with what you've got' thing was annoying.

ilovethehsc

my BOW cost me nothin and my parents everything
hahahaha
nah i didnt spend money on much, only train fares to get into the city to film, and bike repairs throughout the duration of the shooting.

lalaynie

hmm i have to agree that if you can afford to present the artwork then of course it is going to look better aesthetically to the marker and thus maybe get you more marks... my bow cost about 600 bucks, but the kids who do IB at my school have spent alot more because they can actually get things professionally framed.... but i figure spending the money on my work was worth it cos if it gets me extra marks then ill be happy, plus its something ill prolly keep forever....

Jopet

Old Fart
HSC
Whhoooooo.... I hope you got an excellent mark. O_O;;
I spent $0 and got 49/50

nerida

HSC
N/A
Jopet said:
Whhoooooo.... I hope you got an excellent mark. O_O;;
I spent $0 and got 49/50
hey how about you brag about your mark, but hang on is that what your teacher gave you or the actual markers. I spent $0 aswell and the school didnt provide anything for me. actually thats a lie i may of spent about $5 from an op shop.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yea... i kinda dun trust the marks u guys have gotten from teachers... if u all get the marks your teachers have given you then this board has simply the most amazing art students in nsw lol

lil_emm

HSC
i have a friend who spent $2000 on hers. Mine only cost me $35 and that was for framing. it was good.

kim_iz_yippin

HSC
How much did it cost? HOW MUCH did it cost?!!!!!!! More than I ever wanted it to. But hey, it was 100% worth it...takes quality to make quality. $800 - $900. The wood cost the most - at least $400. Then there was the chalk pastels, canvas, acrylics, brushes, rubbers, pencil sharpeners (oh yeah, I'm counting everything!) The school provided nothing, so I had to fork up, so did mum and dad.

I invested in a matboard cutter for about $200 a while back and while it was expensive at the time, it's saved me so much cash in terms of framing stuff.

Serg01

I agreew with the aguiy who saig it shouldnt matter.. I have spent around 400 of my own money just for Art in school.. as for out side of school (hobby) prob 400 as well... i put no price on art.. its my form of expression..

luckly though I work at a place where I can get DSigital Photos for a shit load cheaper

Jase

HSC
jeez.. you guys do spend alot!

$20 for canvas
$10 for a tube of paint
$10 for a brush
everything else i stole from school.

The photographers spend the most .. 200+ for printing, 50+ for backing pape, foam and film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)