How much fight do you still have in you? (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Im starting to burn out... the Yr 12 of 03 were fuckn right. I shouldnt have wasted so much chakra in yr 11 ughhh :( Damn damn fuck cunt shit dick...
I shoudve bludged hardcore in yr 11, learn yr 12 stuff (i did that) and just scrape a pass. Now Im so damn tired and cant be bothered at anything anymore... And stupid sickness really screwed up my work regime. My work ethic suffers as a result cos I've experienced prolonged bludge periods. Bludging in mid HSC is like... a horrible disease. So friggin pissed at myself lately... damn.

I've lost my way. :(

If ur in yr 11 this year, heed my words: Dont give a shit. Learn ur yr 12 stuff if you're willing, but as for exams in yr 11, dont worry. Ugh... sad.

Anyone out there feelin kinda like me? Or r u that psychologically strong as to not have ur goal slip out of sight yet...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
you'll get over it and kill the hsc.

dont stress. take a couple of days off.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
4 more months man:)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Mate weren't you totally ambitious about getting a Ph.D by 25, getting an international transfer etc. ? :p

One thing, if you bludge hardcore in year 11, chances are you won't attain an elite UAI, especially for subjects like science and mathematics. Subjects like these are accumilative in content, so if you suddenly try to catch up with minimal prerequisite practice at questions and conceptuals, you won't have the background to achieve such a high band in those subjects. So in regard to your advice, I beg to differ and encourage everyone to take year 11 seriously.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Oh, and BTW for anyone looking to excel further in the HSC, give up BOS! Lol.

miss_pie

HSC
ah im with you giant lobster. im at home 2day because ive had enough, got to school and just really badly didnt want to be there.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i crashed and burnt the other night (monday), but ive taken the last few days for me, and now im starting to get back into it (kinda gotta considering i have some very important exams starting in two weeks!)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah I've been bluding thus far, now it's time to kick some serious arse!!!

Non-stop study-o-rama until the HSC, then schoolies, then ANU!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
If ur in yr 11 this year, heed my words: Dont give a shit.

I hear ye :D

hahaha, Im not too burnt out yet, but occasionally a panic attack will hit and Ill freak out but so far, Im fairly up to date with work. My biggest worry is the fact that most of my teachers and classes are behind...its too far into the game to burn out now...

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
Mate weren't you totally ambitious about getting a Ph.D by 25, getting an international transfer etc. ? :p

One thing, if you bludge hardcore in year 11, chances are you won't attain an elite UAI, especially for subjects like science and mathematics. Subjects like these are accumilative in content, so if you suddenly try to catch up with minimal prerequisite practice at questions and conceptuals, you won't have the background to achieve such a high band in those subjects. So in regard to your advice, I beg to differ and encourage everyone to take year 11 seriously.
hmmm I wasnt clear enough
what I meant by bludgin year 11 is not to care about the stuff the school plans for you. e.g. hw, exams etc. Instead learn at your own pace, relax at times, and make sure you know ur stuff. Then prepare for the year long grind of yr 12.

Well thats me speaking from my perspective now. I did yr 11 a bit differently, If i were to do it again I would change a few things.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I'm sorta feeling the same, I tried so hard last year and my grades were all over the place, this year I'm bludgin here and a little bit there and my grades have evend out. But when this term started up I just couldn't be buggered to do any work, but my parents won't stop fuggin hassling me so I have to study.
Now that I'm burning out I am always tired, now my parents hassle me for going to be at 10 instead of studying. So I'm just gonna struggle through and hope for the best... like I always do.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
Lucky for me i was friends with the year 12's of last year. So i had them telling me not to worry about year 11... so i didnt. And i feel better for it. Without working hard i still did well.

Year 12 on the otherhand is really hard. And its sorta sad because i watch my friends burn themselves up worrying about things that are nothing... nothing at all.

I guess there must be something wrong with me, cause i dont feel as much stress as other people. I get the importance of the HSC and i want to do well, but for crying out loud, this stupid little mark im working for is only usefull for 3 years until you can gain mature age entry to uni... Its nothing to break down over.

These tests are really important. Theyre important to test how well you can focuss and do what you want to do. NOT what your parents want you to do and NOT what everyone else wants you to do.

The way i see it, is these tests are usefull for one thing. To test yourself. If you are worried your not good enough, dont worry! You are 17 or 18 and you have the rest of your life to get better at being who you want to be. Its just a bloody test, having a child is harder, making good life decisions is harder! Relax.

Take care people... its a number that defines what you can do for 3 years of your life... 3 out of 80 or 90. Dont stress yourself over nothing.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The HSC isn't the end of the world. (Try tell that to Year 12s! :p)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
it might be the end of the world, but still why does it need to be a big problem?
i mean that seriously, if the actual content of it isnt a prick on its own, why do you need to worry on top of it.

just go through the motions.

*Flutterby*

hey giant lobster. i know how ur feeling. but mines caws my nan is sick and im scared and worried and spending a lot of time at the hospital and now ive missed out on so much work :( the skools heaps understanding but it is so hard right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)