How much effort? (1 Viewer)

AAO89

[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]
HSC
Heyy guys :p
How much effort do you need to put in to do well in the hsc? I stay up all night and do my assignments fairly rushed like and stuff and i dunno how to focus :( Am i going to crash and fail or can i pull this off? how are you guys going with your effort/procrastinating?

Ohh also can someone recommend a good tutor for english/ee1/ee2 maybe? :confused::confused::confused:

if youre a good tutor and not a pedophile or something add me if u have MSN its ally89oooo@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Well, I've been pretty much doing the same as you and coping with it so far, but I doubt it will actually work later on. I would say it's not impossible to pull if off, but really, really improbable, you would probably have to put in the effort and remove the procrastination and the last minute cram jobs if you want to achieve the goal that you want from the HSC :uhhuh: Get a goal, and then focus on it, it might help you get motivated to do some work before the last minute.

I wish you good luck in your endeavours :)

AAO89

[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]
HSC
I don't even know what I want from the hsc :(
I think i'll go try to be a flight attendant or something

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Well, you've still have time to decide what you want to do :uhhuh:

If you want to go to university, for example, you have till August to decide whatever courses you want to do in uni, then till December to change those preferences. If you feel that you don't need to go to uni, then look at the careers that interest you and look at the pathways to get to that desired career :) Hope you decide what you want to do soon, and good luck!

Isaac Newton

Banned
HSC
N/A
I do say, young one, try to do assessments earlier. It is a rather jolly help.

AAO89

[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]
HSC
I will try :) I just spend all my time doing stuff and like i stay up all night like tonight and will be sleeping at school tomorrow :(

-pari-

HSC
N/A
how much effort - varies from person to person.

some people can get away with very little effort (ahem*SS*) ;)

others need to work consistently and hard

at the end of the day - you just need to know yourself and how much effort U need to put in, and follow that

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
i second -pari-.

Isaac Newton said:
I do say, young one, try to do assessments earlier. It is a rather jolly help.
yeah some of us just seem to procrastinate until 8.30 the night before something is due/there's a massive exam.
we should try to prepare earlier and be consistant throughout the rest of the year so that not all that needs to be prepared for the night before.
am i making sense???

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
try your best other wise you might regret it later on.

zaqwerty

HSC
I work MUCH better under pressure, and hence leave all assignments/studying to the last minute. Although I get overlly stressed with this method, it seems to work?

Nevertheless! I always do homework early... if that's any consolation?

AAO89

[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]
HSC
I get good marks and stuff it's just I think as it gets towards the end of the yeaarrr i might stuff up :|

Season

HSC
Re: How muc h effort?

If you don't know what you want to do I still think you should aim to get into an arts course... and pick a university. That's pretty much the most open degree and you can change your mind a million times within it and you can graduate and do something completely opposite.

Most arts courses are around 75ish, so you should be aiming for that.

But apart from that, push yourself, if you got 80 for last assessment then aim for 85- constantly improve.

Really when it comes down to it, whether you want to do university or not, this mark is what sums up 13 years of work. You should put some effort into it so you can justify to yourself what you've been doing for the majority of your life.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
zaqwerty said:
I work MUCH better under pressure, and hence leave all assignments/studying to the last minute. Although I get overlly stressed with this method, it seems to work?

Nevertheless! I always do homework early... if that's any consolation?
Ditto for me, both at HSC and uni level. Except I didn't do homework early. In most cases, I didn't do it all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)