How much does English consume your study time? (1 Viewer)

jiminymacca

HSC
At the moment now, I have had no time to study for any other subject because there's been such a demand for english. My half yearlies are going to suffer...

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Same here. About 2-3 days worth of writing and correcting for me till I get to my final copy, with another day to memorise it.

joben

HSC
i neva study english (except when there is an assesment, which is when i cram)

jiminymacca

HSC
Ironic how I've spent so much time on my worst subject to hope I can do it well, when it's purely that that will probably make me go worse in my better subjects.

Damn english, and damn the half yearlies.

muscleman09

HSC
Study for english?? The only work i do for english is... H/W , study for assessments, and when exams are coming, i just practice essays over and over and over and over and over.. each a different question... that way when u get the unknown question ur ready for anything and u can adapt to it rather than being, WTF?

but yeh.. daily study for english, i dont really focus on it... not that its not an important subject (of course it is -.-) ... just priority wise... its not at the top of my to do list.

Oh and also reading your related & class texts... i recommend reading them 2x, at your own pace, enjoying it, then 3 more time analysing it. If you do that, i gurantee you will know the book inside out.

goodluck for ur half yearlies! i got mine coming up too =)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
English study for me isn't a lot. The workload is pretty demanding with frequent essays and writing tasks to write, but I suppose that is study in a way. Most of my time is spent on Maths and sciences, which are my strongest subjects.

HSC
haha its the best!
although i actually enjoy english! but i know it'd be stressful having an english half yearly!

Ashabella

HSC
Study for english?? The only work i do for english is... H/W , study for assessments, and when exams are coming, i just practice essays over and over and over and over and over.. each a different question... that way when u get the unknown question ur ready for anything and u can adapt to it rather than being, WTF?

but yeh.. daily study for english, i dont really focus on it... not that its not an important subject (of course it is -.-) ... just priority wise... its not at the top of my to do list.

Oh and also reading your related & class texts... i recommend reading them 2x, at your own pace, enjoying it, then 3 more time analysing it. If you do that, i gurantee you will know the book inside out.

Jesus... that's amazing.

How dedicated are you!!!

Wanna trade motivation levels with me?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
In the past year, the only study for English I've done was all in class and 3-7 days before an assessment. I'm so glad I have an awesome teacher. Hell, I haven't read any of my English texts in years.
English is crap.

muscleman09

HSC

lol... i wish i could follow my own advice :D

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Our teacher gives us waaaaay to much time consuming h/w, such as letters, essays, character analysis, etc. which normally takes up around about 1 hr every day
Got my half yearly on english this wednesday, plus a speech on hamlet this friday as well, which ive spent many days and nights on trying to perfect it, luckily thats out of the way so that I can study for the rest of my half yearlies...
Probably might just cram the next two nights on english, so many quotes to memorise from Romulus, My Father + issues...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)