How much do you pay per week for your Fitness First Membership? [rip off] (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

i just signed up to a gym yesterday
$12 a week ($52 a month) includes; personal trainer, access to all classes/fascilities. whee.

NinjaSauce

HSC
katie_tully said:
i just signed up to a gym yesterday
$12 a week ($52 a month) includes; personal trainer, access to all classes/fascilities. whee.
Katie,

Thats a rather cheap gym considering the personal trainer part (Though, is that 'once off' or permanent? ).

Which gym/studio/whatever is this?

K

katie_tully

no, it's all the time
you make bookings if you want a session with the trainer
http://www.chizen.com/
it's a local run, it's thru the PCYC which might be why it's cheap

K

katie_tully

meh, it says on the website it's $30 a session but when i signed up i was told it's complimentary.

*shrugs*

morganforrest

HSC
Fitness First truly blows. If you want a decent gym and live in the area go to Millennium Health Club in Waitara. They're truly awesome!

inasero

Reborn
HSC
hai guys does anybody know of any special offer at fitness first? or can someone get me a cheap rate? cheers!

NinjaSauce

HSC
Go to this website:

http://goodgymguide.com.au/aus/nsw.htm

- Find as many local Fitness Firsts as Possible.

- Find the "3 day free pass" offer. Fill it out (as many as possible)

- Wait. They can take a little time to get back to you.

- Book them one after the other in succession.

- Yay, freeness!

-------------

I booked a whole bunch of Fitness Firsts in the (Sydney) City these holidays while i am away from my typical Uni Gym. Sydney has heaps, and heaps of Fitness Firsts really close to each other, I got about 15 - 18 days of free days.

Also, check other gyms websites/etc, you may find some deals, i also got $5 for 5 days at the Hilton gym in the city.

Yes. I am a cheap bastard. :)

shona1990

HSC
Mosman FF refuses to give free trials. A trial membership of $40 for 2 weeks is BS.
I've been going there for ages now, but I wouldn't ever sign up again. I signed up when there was a deal of "No Joining Fee". Yet, there was an "Admin" fee of almost $100.

My boyfriend wants to sign up to go with me sometimes, but after being refused ONE free entry, he got pissed and refuses to go to FF. They say they don't give free trials anymore because they're sick of people just getting trials all the time and never paying to go. Uh, isn't that why you used to take down people's details, so they don't do it ten times?
I was thinking of moving to Pumphouse. (Cremorne) Only downside is they don't have a pool right next door. :(

NinjaSauce

HSC
Heeeey, another Mosmanite!

Yeah, i was one of those people who used the trials at Mosman a lot :D Sorry i ruined it for you guys :(

Pumphouse is ok, they are nicer people there than FF, and they let you do a walk around - probably (don't know for sure) let you get a trial too. Their major downfall is perhaps you wont like the equipment. They are a little... 'old'. If you like the chrome and shine of FF, they might get get a shock at the bright yellow, or Green, or whatever (can't remember exactly) they have on their equipment.

Also, remember they have moved, i made the mistake of turning up to the location up above the GPK pizza place, they have have packed up shop and moved near the Orpheum.

Actually! Just remembered, their website may have a 'fill out a form, and get a free day' thing on it. Check it out.

There are not many gyms around the Mosman area, quite frustrating actually, I've been wanting to find a good (though doesn't cost $$$$$$) one for a while.

There is PCYC in north Sydney, super cheap, but their equipment reflects this. And not the easiest to get too, either.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lol NinjaSauce, theoretically it would be a good idea, but wouldn't they recognise you after a while? And usually aren't those promotional things valid for "first time visitors" only? Otherwise, I would have just kept on buying $5 for 5 days fundraising vouchers :p

Btw men's health magazine february edition has a good promo going at the moment- you get a free 2 week FF membership with 3 personal training sessions included! not bad hey

NinjaSauce

HSC
I was going to different Fitness Firsts.

3 days at one, 3 days at another, etc. The City has over 7 or 8 gyms alone. Not to mention Mosman, and North Sydney, Chatsword,, etc etc ect

Anyways...

Thats Men's Health thing has to have a catch... They wouldn't give that away.

You sure it is not: "Sign up to Fitness First, And THEN we'll give you these freebies" ?

EDIT-------

I just looked it up: http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/b/menshealth/2830/fitness-first-offerterms-and-conditions

Seems legit, i am most surprised. Good find inasero, i may use and abuse this :) (as long as i can convince them i am a new member, maybe i will turn up at 5:30am, or something.) Also, i'm not too keen on the whole personal trainer thing, maybe i can wave that. (F.F. Trainers are notoriously bad). I also have a 2 week free membership thing to use as well, so this will fit nicely with another 2 week thing i just scored! Will take me though to uni!

Last edited:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
lol that would be a good idea if it weren't for the fact that there's only 1 FF gym i can reasonably get to, but i can see how it's work in the city

speaking of which...DO NOT go to the FF in TGV (opposite QVB), the place smelt of vomit seriously and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a week

NinjaSauce

HSC
The Galleries Victoria seemed fine when i was there. No good, but fine.

The vomit thing was probably a once off.

Check other local gyms around your area (and their websites). Little cool gyms typically offer "1 free day" things.

Also - why not try Monash? I haven';t been there, but Uni gyms typically kick ass.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Here are the ones I always go to:

Dee Why
North Sydney
Opp QVB
St. Leonards

I rate the Dee Why and St. Leonards ones tops.
I actually quite like the North Sydney one too.. but only around certain times. The weights area is small, so this is one gym I reserve for the early-afternoons/non-peak only.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I pay around 120/month i think....but that's for platinum...I do agree though it is extremely expensive and such a ripoff....also Fitness First probably has the worst service possible when it comes to membership changes...

But it doesn't really matter when work pays for it and it is a healthy thing

1harkina

HSC
i am a member of fitness first only because it is conveniently located but i belive they are the biggest con artists out there fuck thier member ship people are pains this lady was likt you can cancell the joining fee if you give me 20 peoples numbers you know (i gave her all fake ones - suck ding bitch) and then kept saying if u give me 10 more ill give u a free backpack i was like fuck off man. anyway she was totally pressuring me to join i was like suffocating and they a e so bloddy fake and also when they say there is no joining fee there is they call it an admin fee 100 bucks

NinjaSauce

HSC
LOL at the Fitness first 'joining fee'.

There Is no joining fee. It exists solely so they can say 'you know, i'll take the joining fee off if you sign up'.

2005, i studied near multiple Fitness Firsts (7-8 in Sydney City), and as a test walked into them maybe once a month each to see if the 'today only' or 'Because i like you' deals ever change.

Never, ever changed. The Joining fee is fake, and was never intended to be paid.

Collin

HSC
N/A
1harkina said:
i am a member of fitness first only because it is conveniently located but i belive they are the biggest con artists out there fuck thier member ship people are pains this lady was likt you can cancell the joining fee if you give me 20 peoples numbers you know (i gave her all fake ones - suck ding bitch) and then kept saying if u give me 10 more ill give u a free backpack i was like fuck off man. anyway she was totally pressuring me to join i was like suffocating and they a e so bloddy fake and also when they say there is no joining fee there is they call it an admin fee 100 bucks
If you talk like you type, then I'd slap the joining fee on you too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)