• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much do you pay for insurance? (1 Viewer)

placebo101

HSC
hey ppl. i'll soon hav bout 10k cash from my uni internship and was planning on getting a nice ss commodore. i just got quoted on the net that my comprehensive would be around 2500 :(

so i was just wondering wat kind of cars you have and how much the insurance is?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
under 25 = $2500
and more if ur area gets cars stolen/burnt often i think?

i got my car under my dads name at GIO and i pay the excess of $2500 if i crash it. Under dad's name its $1200 i think. Which is pretty pricey because its an astra (astras are usually driven by young ppl who like to smash their cars up often)

7th Sign

HSC
94 Honda Prelude SI with a few mods im with just cars and its $860/year.

gna

HSC
01 Honda Integra Type R - $7,500

synthesized

HSC
N/A
placebo101 said:
i just got quoted on the net that my comprehensive would be around 2500 :(
let me guess, just cars? i would hazard a guess that if you call them up they will give you a different, cheaper, quote, just because they ask you different questions.

i called for a quote on a R33 skyline turbo and i was expecting something like 2500, but i was pleasantly surprised when they quoted me only 1800.

so i don't think these online quote generators are very accurate.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
synthesized said:
let me guess, just cars? i would hazard a guess that if you call them up they will give you a different, cheaper, quote, just because they ask you different questions.

i called for a quote on a R33 skyline turbo and i was expecting something like 2500, but i was pleasantly surprised when they quoted me only 1800.

so i don't think these online quote generators are very accurate.
I just bought a skyline R33 NO turbo and justcar quoted me 3.7K comprehensive..............

i think it might be something to do with my suburb

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
bump.

I'm getting quoted $3000+ for a my car im about to buy
It's a fucking 4 cylinder 1.5L 03 Gli lancer. why so fucking expensive? is it because it's a coupe?

anyone;
Where did you get cheap insurance?
Is it under your name?
halp!

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
gna said:
01 Honda Integra Type R - $7,500
Hahahahahaha

I only ever get 3rd party property (it cost me $325). Im a good driver (dont speed or tail gate) so i dont get comprehensive insurance because my car is only worth $7000 and i would rather save my money. If i crash and its my fault, i will just go without and borrow my parents car.
Its probably been said numerous times in this thread, but its important to shop around with different insurance Co's, you can save heaps... i didnt get to do it last time because i was really busy so i just went with NRMA

dodgyfilokid

HSC
its expensive coz of the applicant's age..the type of car and how old it is and the location of the car..typically premiums are cheaper if your in the north shore...east or round south past rockdale...city areas r startin to see rises in premiums...well thats wot i know so far

Pace_T

HSC
mine is 2500, bit of a rip off, but every1 says buy a cheaper car and it'll be much lower. they all drive shitboxes and its just as much :/
its our age and suburb and shit like wat dodgyfilokid said

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I paid $2500 the first year. I think it is down to about $2100 or less by now. That's on about a 5 year old magna.

I actually pay for the insurance on my dads car and am just on as an extra driver for mine because the car I drive is fairly new and it would be more expensive if I had to pay for comprehensive on that.

Pace_T

HSC
yeh jus go as a nominated driver (or somehting) so its heaps cheaper, just dnt let it slip out to the coppers that ur the only driver of the car.....

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
$720 comprehensive and thats on a $3000 policy from NRMA. I was quoted similar ammounts for CTP from other insurers.

Bear in mind that number takes into account a no claim discount and also a multi-policy discount. Also consider thats considering a fairly hefty speeding fine, a traffic infringement and an accident several years ago.

I have a friend paying a $5000 premium.... thats what happens with felony driving convictions and a modified car....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)