How much did Yr 12 2002 Study during their December/January Holidays (2001)? (1 Viewer)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by anti
If all else fails, lock yourself in your room with a chainsaw and start breaking walls.

(Buy one, get one free! :chainsaw: )

Seriously, your parents should know you need space :p Do it at your pace, if you can trust yourself to keep focussed.
Yeah it's true I mean sometimes I'll need a push to get me going but most often I hate being told to study at a time I really don't want to

aby

------------>
I think it's important to strike a balance between studying and having fun in whatever u do..

Last year this time, i watched tv, played sport, went out with friends, stayed out till late and slept in till late. I still got a uai of 99+ because I didn't fully neglect study either.

I read my English texts and made some quick initial notes, did a few maths papers, thought about my school assessments, familiarised myself with the syllabus and did some organisational work. Over the space of 2 months, this is all at a significantly leisurely pace :)

The most important thing is to prepare yourself mentally for the hard work to come and to start the year refreshed, focused and actually enthusiastic about the coming year.

Have fun along the way... try to not let the parental pressure get to you. Easy to say, i know, but ultimately u have to be the person who sits to study - so why not make it efficient ?

Good luck!

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by InfiniteQ

Yeah it's true I mean sometimes I'll need a push to get me going but most often I hate being told to study at a time I really don't want to
I kno exactly what u mean!!!

study 24/7 does not equal 99 it just equals a burn out!!!

the comparisons to family friends that got 99+ really shits me though

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
Im reading all my texts for next year ... plus some maths, and eco and chem ... :( And my major Work for English ...

Ac

aznchickie

I was thinking of doing 6 hours a day. but i don't study very productively so thats really just 3 hours.

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lord Ac
Im reading all my texts for next year ... plus some maths, and eco and chem ... :( And my major Work for English ...

Ac
that is exactly what I was going to do, cept for eco, replace that with art and you've got my schedule.

aaah Im so glad Im doing brave new world for english, its sooo easy to read. Emma looks like a nightmare

schwang_thang

Originally posted by pri

aaah Im so glad Im doing brave new world for english, its sooo easy to read. Emma looks like a nightmare
yeah Emma was so boring, it was like hell trying 2 keep awake when reading the damned book...almost as bad as reading 'My Place' for changing self :mad1: now THAT was a nightmare

Killah33

Advice: Keep the Christmas Holidays as a good memory, not a study memory.

I did NOTHING in the Christmas Holidays. Relax, break, you cant study all the time, thats ridiculous!!

In case you're wondering if i stuffed up my HSC because of not doing this work in the XMas holidays, i didnt (99.95)

Studying excessively will DETRACT marks, not add to them - remember that!Study just enough while maintaining a really good balance...Keep the XMas study-free!

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Killah33
Advice: Keep the Christmas Holidays as a good memory, not a study memory.

I did NOTHING in the Christmas Holidays. Relax, break, you cant study all the time, thats ridiculous!!

In case you're wondering if i stuffed up my HSC because of not doing this work in the XMas holidays, i didnt (99.95)

Studying excessively will DETRACT marks, not add to them - remember that!Study just enough while maintaining a really good balance...Keep the XMas study-free!
thank you! I was worried if I didnt study this hols I would screw up my HSC.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by pri

thank you! I was worried if I didnt study this hols I would screw up my HSC.
Me too I've been in such a stress about it... haven't done this or that blah blah blah. Gosh.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
There is no need to stress about the HSC in the hols
yes concentrate all your stress on the day before hsc ... its alot more pleasant for the rest of the year ...:D :D :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'

yes concentrate all your stress on the day before hsc ... its alot more pleasant for the rest of the year ...:D :D :D
but impossible ... to stress is to be human ...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
s'pity ppl should use a different word than stress.. but what word??

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
pri and infinite, I totally get what you mean about feeling the pressure to perform well and the comparison in Indian communities. In reality that doesn't really affect me because I choose not to let it, but being first generation Australians, you feel like you really NEED to do well to make something of yourself here and that that personal motivation conflicts with the pressure around you that you for the most part create. It's a vicious thing, isn't it?

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
btw, r both of u currently studying in yr 12? if so, what schools do you go to and what subjects are you doing?

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
btw, r both of u currently studying in yr 12? if so, what schools do you go to and what subjects are you doing?
well I go to fort street and my subjects are

4 u english
3 u maths
chemistry
art

and some board endorsed courses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)