how much did you save so far? (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
What are some of your financial objectives? and amount you've saved towards your goals?

Anyone seen a financial planner, how much do they typically charge for a consultation?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
my dads a financial planner (and also a tax agent, CA etc) so my consultations wud always be free :p ive saved bout 2k rite now...i want to have at least 10k in hte bank if not more, and since my parents still pay evrything for me, ill use this money to invest in the stock market...small start but oh well...my parents paid the deposit for 2 properties for my 2 older brothers,who pay the loan off (with the help of rental income)...i want to get into investing in property, mayb when i have a decent steady job after uni i will

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Argonaut said:
In six months I've earnt $11500 of that.
Well done!

$7k sitting in bank, saved in the last 12 months or so.. not so fantastic, considering I've earnt about twice that, but hey... I've gone of nice holidays, too! Saving for property, in the long term, and holidays/travel in the medium term. Have plans in place so my girl and I should have at least $40k between us by the time we get outta uni.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Skittled said:
$7k sitting in bank, saved in the last 12 months or so.. not so fantastic, considering I've earnt about twice that, but hey... I've gone of nice holidays, too! Saving for property, in the long term, and holidays/travel in the medium term. Have plans in place so my girl and I should have at least $40k between us by the time we get outta uni.
You're doing pretty well imo...you've saved half of what you've earnt, many people wouldn't be able to do that

I'm doing shit atm, only got $1000 saved after working for 4 months, but I have earnt nearly $5k which is BAD!!! I'd like to save up enough to start investing in shares (say at least $5000), so that I can build on that and eventually get enough for a house deposit, a new car would be nice too (not for awhile yet though)

superbird

HSC
atm ive got about 11k and this after buying a car and laptop. however, i have been working since i was 15 (im now 18). ive been spending more frequently as of late so im guessing that'll soon decrease rapidly ;p
my advice to workers out there keep saving! you'll be surprised how quickly you'll reach 10k.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
got around $1400 (whic is bad, considering I've spent most of what I earned), But I'm working my way slowly towards $10k which is my goal, and I should achieve that by feb next year, or earlier, if I can stop spending it all on clothes!

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i got 2.7K saved. and just starting putting away $100 a week. hoping to get a vehicle of sum sort.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
_Bushra_ said:
I have about 8k in the bank and transferred 5k of it into ING Savings Maximiser! :) yay! Their rates of interest is CRAZY :uhhuh: I am crazily happy right now

*bursts out into a jig*
now u play the waiting game. those 67c in interest are gonna grow i tell you grow

iamsickofyear12

HSC
In the last couple months I have accumulated about $1800, pretty much all of which is going to my car insurance. So I will be starting all over again.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've saved $23,000 so far for my trip to Europe/Scandinavia.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've worked since I was 15, but a lot of the money came from when I was working at a bank for the good part of a year which was good pay. Combine that with a host of other jobs I've worked plus a few unfortunate events in my personal life, I've saved a lot more than I used to.

Although in the end I want to be able to head over with about $45,000 for this trip

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
oh well, at least i dont have any debt which is the great thing.

I will have a few thousand, before my 20th birthday.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
LaZy_KoReAn said:
oh well, at least i dont have any debt which is the great thing.

I will have a few thousand, before my 20th birthday.
I guess that's another thing why i've managed to save a bit more than some others... it's the fact I'm 20something

X

xeuyrawp

I've saved 1/3 of every dollar I earnt since I started working (when I was 15), which is all of one of my bank accounts; $19,000. $12,000 of that was earned since the HSC- I got a new job and yeh. The number seems a lot when I say it that way, but it's been building up slowly, and I've worked very hard for it. It's interesting watching it go up- I have periods of a lot of shifts, and lots of hours, lots of sales, and suddenly it takes a boom, then suddenly I get busy with uni etc, and it stays stagnent.

I'm looking into a car, but I'm not going to jump into something quickly- although I want to jump into something quick :D :rolleyes:

X

xeuyrawp

HellVeN said:
What job would that be Townie?
Isn't "townie" offensive? Edit: I can't believe this, but I actually consulted urbandictionary.com

Anyway, I worked in a family factory, then in a cafe, then at EB, then at a Sony retail outlet, and now at sony :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)