• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much better is it to do a major in Quanitative Economics rather than Economics? (1 Viewer)

danielvh

HSC
Hey guys

My uni (UWA) offers several majors in the Economics degree. Two of these are Economics and Quantitative Economics. The only difference is that Quantitative Economics has two extra maths units at level3 (mathematics for economists and econometrics). Standard economics has the lvl2 versions of these and quant has the lvl2 and then builds on it with lvl3.

So, I'm just wondering how much better it'd be for employability if I did quantitative economics rather than standard economics?

Thanks guys

Daniel

bshoc

HSC
N/A
Re: How much better is it to do a major in Quanitative Economics rather than Economic

With economics its important to factor in how you approach economics rather than what you think is most employable, it must be noted that most higher mathematical approaches in economics (metrics) are questionable in application.

christinahk

HSC
N/A
personally, i prefer quant econ coz in that way u r better equipped to positions in banks & indeed, the main stream econ has more to do with maths than theories.

anyway, as i m not into the details of two, if theres no trade off involved, why dont you choose quant econ? its just a bit more quant work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)