How many? (1 Viewer)

ja`-/se

HSC
Hey.
Does anyone know how many txts u shud use from the stimulus booklet? Also for related, do u reckon 2 is enough?
TY

roadcone

HSC
from memory (anyone feel free to correct me)...

in the syllabus it says 2, however it has pretty much been acknowledged that you will only ever be asked to write on one... in saying this it is a good idea to have a couple up your sleeve because some may lend themselves to the question more so than others

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
In the hsc they'll only ask you to use 1 from the stimulus booklet and (usually) at least one of your own choosing

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
it is generally accepted that students will write about one --> in recent years they have specified only one text is to be used. it is thought that extra marks will be gained from additional found texts rather than discussion of copious stimulus texts

Mege

Our school has made us write an essay refering to one txt from the stimulus booklet, 2 texts of our own choosing and our focus text. We've only been told one stimulus text but u should know a bit about two of them just incase

HSC
N/A
I do believe they can specifically call for any of the stimulus texts, although I sincerly doubt they will ever do this (it might happen in trials though, depending on how evil your school is).

Failing that, you are "required" to know two - most people will only do one though. If you want to prepare yourself for anything, take note of the above suggestion that says to know more than one :)

EDIT: Whoops, have just found out from a reliable source that they will NOT specifiy a stimulus text in the HSC. You can all breathe now ;)
EDIT2: Still debating this with friends. If anyone has rock-hard evidence, please put forward!

Last edited:

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
If it specifies prescribed text, ONE stimulus and ONE related...shouldn't it be unfair if people write about more then one and get better marks for more information?

HSC
as far as I know you can use just 1 but you have to go very indepth with it, but with two you don't have to as much

See for example if you use just wind in the willows, you'll have to talk the effects of ideas presented throughout the entire exceprt, but if you use 2, then you can pick out certain things from both, if you think about it, its much easier to do 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)