How many ? (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
how many case studies should i go in knowing ?

1 or 2 ?

and these are my options:

-qantas
-amcore
-nike

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Well, I'm not using those ones, but you do as many as follow those syllabus dot-points at the top of each topic. I don't know why some people are looking for case studies that cover EVERY SINGLE DOT-POINT.

I have a question also - can we use more than one case study in the extended response? Say, if the extended response is employment relations and globalisation, is it alright to treat these topics "individually" within the extended response and do a case study for each? Or is one case study relating to just one of the topics sufficient?

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Ok, thank you!

Also, the extended response is made up of two topics, yeah? So what if we only use a case study for one of the topics (e.g. the question is on employment relations and global business, and someone only does a case study on employment relations)

How many marks are you likely to lose?

EDIT: ALSO :eek: I just looked at some past sample responses, and some did up to three case studies on the ONE topic (e.g. 3 case studies on just employment relations) !! Is it possible to get full marks with just one case study per topic? Because I don't think more than one case study relevant to both topics is necessary, and just wasting your time.

Last edited:

nice

HSC
hey guyss, i have only one case study and thts qantas would i still get into top marks if i use only one.

coz my teacher said tht band 6 responses all use more than 2 case study

bit lost??

any answers????

thanxxx:confused: :confused: :confused:

meg_1_2_3_4_5

HSC
yeah i'm stuffed too.
we have only done qantas and now all this talk of band 6 responses using 2-3 case studies has got me worried.
maybe i'll just have to have an all nighter and cram another case study....

da1

HSC
bananasmoothy said:
Ok, thank you!

Also, the extended response is made up of two topics, yeah? So what if we only use a case study for one of the topics (e.g. the question is on employment relations and global business, and someone only does a case study on employment relations)

How many marks are you likely to lose?

EDIT: ALSO :eek: I just looked at some past sample responses, and some did up to three case studies on the ONE topic (e.g. 3 case studies on just employment relations) !! Is it possible to get full marks with just one case study per topic? Because I don't think more than one case study relevant to both topics is necessary, and just wasting your time.

my teacher said if u dont use cause studies u can't get higher than 10 i duno if he was just trying to scare me
were do u get the sample response from

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Remeber that the extended response is only 20% of the exam...if you only get 16/20 you can still get a band 6.

I am using PBL, a little bit of Qantas and one im going to make up in the exam if I need to:rofl:

meg_1_2_3_4_5

HSC
would it be better to:
(a) know one case study (qantas) extremely well, or
(b) know qantas reasonably well and just make mention of another case study here and there????, or would that just make the marker think that we are trying to 'cover up' our lack of knowledge of one case study???

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
***just to repeat banansmoothy

I have a question also - can we use more than one case study in the extended response? Say, if the extended response is employment relations and globalisation, is it alright to treat these topics "individually" within the extended response
or woudl we have to 'integrate' the two topics?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)