How many supps do we need??? (1 Viewer)

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
how many supps. do we neeed for extension english.. crime fiction?
2-3... or is 3 too much?

get_born

im not sure how many we have to do for our trials - were not doing catholic or independent. Besides having to discuss the big sleep, the real inspector hound and the Skull beneath the Skin, im also doing Hound - do you think thats enough?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
last_chance said:
im not sure how many we have to do for our trials - were not doing catholic or independent. Besides having to discuss the big sleep, the real inspector hound and the Skull beneath the Skin, im also doing Hound - do you think thats enough?

i have no clue what each of those texts are on about...lol

yeh hound is good... but sometimes they ask for 2 supplemetary texts i even saw a question in my study guide that said : "refer to 2 of ur prescribed texts and a variety of supps..."

I'm using the movie "murder by numbers"

i'll probably make refernce to the hound of the baskervilles... and Agatha christies mouse trap ....

i would discourage using the texts we study as supps in class for the actual HSC examination.. but to make our teacher happy... use agatha christie and Hound

if by any chance u know something about NCIS or CSI use them...

i'm not entirely sure how many we should use... i hope 2 is enough

I can't be bothered studying for ext english.. its my last exam... and it's the most boring subject...

if u watch MONK maybe u can use that...very clever man!!!

english is the same anyways... so its doesnt really matter whether we're doing catholic, independant or a school examination

lilkatie

I'm using Skull beneath skin, the big sleep, real inspector and James Bond = 4, cause I have soo much to write about I can't fit more in lol
and then along the way I'll just drop in names of other crime fiction texts like silence of the lambs, mousetrap etc

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
i don't think they can specify that you HAVE to use more than two supp texts, but i would know more than two simply because some texts will suit certain questions more than others.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Doing more than two prescribed texts and two pieces of related material is madness, unless you've got either a very conscise style or incredibly quick writing hand.

For crime, I'm doing Anil's Ghost, Skull beneath the skin, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, and an episode of CSI.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
yeah i don't think i would use more than two and two in an exam, but i will know more than that when going into the exam, because you just don't know what the question will require.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I know all my prescribed texts, just incase they single out 2 of them but my preference is to write about Medea and the Revengers tragedy, although if the question is about the changing nature of genre, I'll use High Noon.

I have 3 supp texts, just incase one is more suitable for the questions. 2 films and One novel.

Good luck everyone!!

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
do i have too much?

Hey im using the four main texts, as well as talented mr riply, csi, murder by death and im mentioning Poe and Agatha?? is that too much??

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Its great that you can use them - but you definitely shouldn't attempt them all in one essay. Use two or three(they can specify) precribed texts and a similar number of relateds in detail. Other things like subgenres or critical theory which may make passing mention of other texts is fine to include to.

adambra

HSC
My teacher has instructed me that OT's are becoming what seperates top students from average ones. Have a broad range, make sure they link well. I have at least 5 up my sleeve.

djmattyd

HSC
OT's? Other texts?

I've prepared The Real Inspector Hound, Anil's Ghost and The Big Sleep with "L.A. Confidential", "The Silence of the Lambs" and 'Sherlock Holmes' stories if needed, but I only intend on using 3 or 4 of them. Does that sound about right?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
djmattyd said:
OT's? Other texts?

I've prepared The Real Inspector Hound, Anil's Ghost and The Big Sleep with "L.A. Confidential", "The Silence of the Lambs" and 'Sherlock Holmes' stories if needed, but I only intend on using 3 or 4 of them. Does that sound about right?
Depends on what you mean by prepared - if you have a few "prepared" paragraphs then I'd be a tad worried, but if you mean you are ready to use any of these in an essay than I'd say thats exactly where you should be.:)

TheHeretic

Depends entirely on your style. Less in depth or more with less detail. I'd say it just about evens out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)