How many students do you need in a class for it to scale?? (1 Viewer)

Lennie

My legal studies teacher made a comment to the effect of "since there arent many people in the class, you wont scale". "you will be basically sitting on your own marks"

I think there are about 6 people in the class (it was my first lesson so im not sure).

So this begs the question; how many people do you need for a class to be scaled?

And does anyone also know, What is the bare minimum of lessons the board of studies requires with regards to attendance.
Im a bit worried because i have only just picked up legal studies last week (still sitting the october exams) and was told that i would be fine. :confused:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Your teacher is under a misapprehension as to how the system actually works.

A class only escapes the moderating process when it consists of a single student.

A l

HSC
N/A
EnterNameHere said:
And does anyone also know, What is the bare minimum of lessons the board of studies requires with regards to attendance.
Im a bit worried because i have only just picked up legal studies last week (still sitting the october exams) and was told that i would be fine. :confused:
"Early in the year your school will submit an entry to the Board showing those courses that you expect to complete that year.

If you wish to change courses after the entries have been submitted, you need to apply to the school principal.

In the case of Preliminary courses, the principal will allow a change of course provided that he or she is satisfied that the student can satisfactorily complete the new Preliminary course before commencing study of the HSC course.

Student studying an HSC course may not change course unless the principal is satisfied that they:
- have satisfactorily completed Preliminary component (or equivalent) of the course they wish to enter
- will be able to complete all HSC course requirements, including assessment.

Contact your Year Adviser, principal or Board of Studies Liaison Officer for a full explanation about changing courses."

As long as you are able to satisfactorily complete the Preliminary and HSC course, you would be fine. There are alternative methods to do this, when you have entered a course at this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)