how many schools study each prescribed text for any given module? (1 Viewer)

abelsj01

HSC
for example my school studies Good night and Good luck for mod B. where could i find how many other schools also study this text?

abelsj01

HSC
are english hsc markers proficient in marking essays from all texts? or would they have specific markers for specific texts

Last edited:

amy.q18

HSC
are english hsc markers proficent in marking essays from all texts? or would they have specific marks for specific texts
some hsc markers are high school English teachers themselves so they def would only know the texts they are teaching or have taught before. it’s unlikely you would come across a marker that knows all the prescribed texts, they have to mark by following the marking criteria.

carrotsss

HSC
are english hsc markers proficent in marking essays from all texts? or would they have specific marks for specific texts
a lot of the time the teachers won’t have read your text but they still mark you the same either way

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
SO I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS, all common mod markers are VERY proficient in the text they mark. mod A, they need to have read and know all the texts, but not necessarily know them in a tonne of detail, and mod B they just need to have taught mod B, so theres a good chance they might not even know your text.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
sm with mod c, a lot of the time when teachers mark a reflection they don't get given part a so u rlly gotta flesh out quotes from ur piece and the prescribed text to make it make sense to someone who hasn't read it

abelsj01

HSC
SO I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS, all common mod markers are VERY proficient in the text they mark. mod A, they need to have read and know all the texts, but not necessarily know them in a tonne of detail, and mod B they just need to have taught mod B, so theres a good chance they might not even know your text.
and roughly how many markers are there for hsc advanced english? theres something like 30000 kids in the course so i'd assume hundreds

qldbulls

HSC
I think at every marking centre they have a few markers who purposefully know the uncommon texts and so the ppl in charge tell everyone else to take any uncommon text essays to them.
fun fact: everything you will be marked by 2 markers, then averaged. If the difference between the two marks is too big (like it's hard to decide how good your essay is) they get sent to a senior marker, then if they can't do it they get sent to a "head marker" or something like that.
Our teacher has been a "senior marker" and decided to tell us all this

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
and roughly how many markers are there for hsc advanced english? theres something like 30000 kids in the course so i'd assume hundreds
there would be a lot, especially because every essay gets marked twice, and most markers only mark one section. the recommended time per essay is 16-20 minutes, however i know a lot of teachers who get through them in 8-14, so be cohesive and have good points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)