how many poems do u need 2 do? (1 Viewer)

Lebking

I was thinking of doing 3 poems and it was no probs but then when I went to do a feature article, it got 2 hard to do it in 40 minutes. Any1 out there no if u get marked down 4 only doing 2 poems cause I'm thinking of dropping one and only making passing remarks for the other poem if its not an essay. thx

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
i don't think you would get marked down at all, provided you do those 2 poems in sufficient detail.

Lebking

my teacher throughout the whole year has made us always do three poems but when I spoke to some guy on the HSC Advise Line, he said 2 is just as good and u don't have to do 3 at all. So I'm confused... who should I listen 2?

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
go with the guy on the advice line. They're all experienced HSC markers so i spose they'd know best. There's also the possibility that your teacher was making you do three just for practice
I don't know, in my opinion, i'd be going with 2...

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
i was just about to ask the same question... you are talking about Skrzynecki poems arent you?? plus the stimulus booket text and related material.

oh there is so much to no!!!

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
go with the guy on the advice line. They're all experienced HSC markers so i spose they'd know best.
I don't think they're all markers, i've talked to my fair share of duds...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i think two is the best number to do. three is very hard to do in detail and to full explain. our teacher makes us do two but you can get away with one in immense detail( like 1.5 a4 pages). leave the last one of the poems till the end in case you are running out of time (so in the intro just talk about skrzynecki not any specific poems just in case you have to leave any out) and need to get your conclusion done before "stop writing!!!!"

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
its bs that you need to do 3. it would mean youd be writing shit loads more than people doin novels and films. that is if you are going to go into proper detail with each

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
lukebennett said:
i think two is the best number to do. three is very hard to do in detail and to full explain. our teacher makes us do two but you can get away with one in immense detail( like 1.5 a4 pages). leave the last one of the poems till the end in case you are running out of time (so in the intro just talk about skrzynecki not any specific poems just in case you have to leave any out) and need to get your conclusion done before "stop writing!!!!"
That's why you do the creative part last :p

It's better to do 2 poems with lots of detail then 3. Don't forget, that in paper 2, most really good answers have about 1200 words. So you should have plenty of time.

Lebking

thx m8.

anybody think they will ask for something besides an essay for this section? Am i the only one who can write a lot better in essay format then feature article or journal entry?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i think it will be an essay this year thank god. you need to write so much more in the others and still have good detail. the last 2 years have been feature artical and speeches in area of study so i think they will give us a formal essay. HOPEFULLY. they may surprise us though

laracroft

yeah my teachers been saying 2, its kinda impossible to do more than 2 indepth, but she said u must try and refer to the majority of the Skrzynecki poems. Like i dunno if your talking about some common journeys concept that comes up in "Crossing the Red Sea", the in like a sentence you could say how that idea can also be identified within one of the other poems....
by the way....GOOD LUCK to everyone,.....we're all smart so don't worry:p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
laracroft said:
Like i dunno if your talking about some common journeys concept that comes up
Hey, good idea.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I think it's more about quality and not quantity. You could do 3/4 poems and do a dodgy job, or you could do 2 poems and really know them and get better marks for it.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
The reason you should know 3 or even 4 is that sometimes certain poems are better suited to the question, so if you only know 2 poems and neither is very relevant to the question, then it will be harder for you, whereas if you know 3 or 4, its easier. I've learnt 3 but I can put in a passing reference to another 2 if need be.

trekkie

HSC
I agree with Tommy_Lamp, if you only know 1 or 2 and neither is suited to the question your gone, even though the questions are supposed to be fairly generic. What ive done is learnt 3 in detail making sure that each poem says at least one or two things about journeys thats completely different from another poem, while also making sure that they say the same things as my stimulus booklet texts and ORMs, but yeah dont just do 1 or two or screwin yourself.

TheBirdMustFly

Writer for hire!
HSC
I was always told to do three and I have studied accordingly. I think the likely hood of getting anything other than an essay is slim, but you have to be prepared for anything I guess.

kristin_scott

HSC
well, my teacher has consistently told us through the year that we need to do 3 poems, 1 stimulus piece and 2 of our own related texts... they've said that we will get marked down if we dont do the 6 pieces...

hanjoc

ohh - ok. now im scared. ive done 4 poems...kinda 2 in detail with 2 just different ideas they raise through it. with 3 related and 1 stimulus....i pretty much have 5 ideas of the journey and in the para have 1 skryznecki poem + one of my own, or the stimulus...so 2 texts per idea of the journey. i hope i havent been to brief...too late to change now tho i guess, not late enuf to stress tho....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)