How many periods a day? (1 Viewer)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
whats the point of 30min periods? do u get much done in those lessons? Hell i have a shower for 30min

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Darn I thought 6 periods a day was the norm seeing as many of the schools I know have 6, 2 periods then recess 2 more than lunch 2 more than dismissal. It just sounds so much better and organised especially if your doing alot of subjects like 4 , I would never be able to fit in all my 5 ( 6 for yr 11) subjects and one free every day so at least with 6 its a bit more spread out and I prefer that rather than not having a subject one a certain day or 2 and actually have subjects more daily.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah i thought 6 per day was what most ppl had - we do - 50 mins each - but seems like theres a lot of difference depending what school u go 2. personally i would hate to have really long or short periods. Coz i would fall asleep in the long ones, and feel like id learnt nothing in the short ones. 80 minutes of maths?! *vomits* ick. So im pretty happy with the way our school has it :p

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
well my old school used to have 3 a day. thats right, 3. 100 mins each. well, actually there were 6 50 mins, but in the high school most were doubles. so... 100 mins of maths and english.

roadcone

HSC
i have 5 periods a day, but its kind of weirdly set up.

1st period - 75min
2nd - 50min
recess
3rd period - 75min
4th - 50min
lunch
5th -50min..

behemuf

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
We have 6 at my school. but i only do 10 units so i get at least one free a day! :)

my brother has 4 a day at his school. it goes class, break, class, break, class, break, class, home.
imagine having 75 minutes of maths ... or english? yuk!!! they changed it from 8 periods a day. which i think is so dumb. why not do 6? i dont know
He doesnt go to gosford does he cus i do and got exactly that. It actually good cus we dont have to bring much and periods go surprisingly fast.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
8 periods
15 min recess
5 minute break
30 minute lunch

ocassional extended recess

mondays 7 periods
wednesdays 5

roadcone

HSC
llamalope said:
ur right...that is weird,.....

were the 75 min periods for english and maths or something?
nup all subjects.. for a 2u subject u have 3x75min lessons and 5x50 lessons a cycle (10 days).. its set up so that u only miss out on one subject each day and the only reason the school can manage a timetable like that is caz its only year 11 and 12 at school

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Four eighty-minute periods for us at PLC...it works well though, I think it improved my concentration span. It's also just like having a double period for everything (when I first began at my school, we had seven periods a day, each...45 minutes, I think...

Someone told me the SGS timetable is rather odd, anyone care to clarify this?

teaspoon

HSC
^ What she said.

I prefer the longer periods too, you get a lot more done which leaves less homework for later.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I have 9 freakin periods a day. Some 40 mins some 35. But I don't mind sometimes. You get more work done and my school is like super organised. The bad thing is, school finishes t 3:40! :mad:

Danoz The Great

HSC
We have six a day usually, 50 minutes each. This changes on tuesday (we have sport) and wednesday (assembly)
Sport isn't compulsory for year 12 though, so I think we can go home then :D yippee!

On the usual days, it's 2 periods, then a 20 minute recess, 2 more lessons, PC (homeroom) for 10 minutes, lunch for (i think) 45 mins, then 2 periods.

School's always from 9 till 3:15.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
We had 5 most days and 6 on tuesdays (so that junior sport would fit in after lunch)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)