How many people have read "Catch 22"? (1 Viewer)

Ever Read Catch 22?

• Yep, Read It all the way through

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Read a bit of it

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Heard of it

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • What is 'Catch 22'?

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Comedy_Al

How many people have read Catch 22? Or, more to the point, finished it? I never managed to make it through myself......

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
Yep! I've read it. It's a really great book. It's ridiculously funny and rather tragic at the same time.

Saul

*ss
HSC
im reading it for the second time at the moment - i think its a fantastic book

the second time though, i'm not reading it in any order, i'm just picking random chapters and reading them (although i am getting through them all)

TheDreamer

Didn't get to read it all, cos I got totally confused. But from browsing through, it seems quite hilarious.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Originally posted by TheDreamer
Didn't get to read it all, cos I got totally confused. But from browsing through, it seems quite hilarious.
don't really see how you can be confused by Catch 22 since it essentially has no story, but yeah, most hilarious book ever

honkytonk

i couldnt get past the first two pages...but i was in year 8 or 9 at the time...short attention span and all that.

Alexander

Gold Member
I read it after the term cropped up a few times here and there.
I didn't think the humour was so funny, but i liked the overall meaning.
For those who dont know (formerly me, and it drove me nuts), from memory, catch 22 is meant to be a catch that means you can't ever achieve what you're trying to. In the book, it's more or less a bunch of random air force piolots during ww2 trying to do enough air raids to get home. The quota starts at like twenty, and once this is achieved, the quota goes up again, making it impossible to leave.
Eventually the soldiers go mad because of this.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
mm, i liked it. got more then three quarters of the way through and left it. large print was the only copy available at the library grrrrrrrrrr

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
ive read it about three or four times and it gets better every time you read it. the overly-long sentences can throw you sometimes, though

oh and how can you not find it funny?

i yearn for you tragically,
irving washington

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Whaa.. how can you not find Catch 22 funny, I don't believe I've read a funnier novel. It's like watch episodes of MASH, only much funnier.

Another gold Major Major signature..
'Is anybody in the John, Milton?' hilarious

Thomas_wow

one of those books that i want too read once i finish school (afraid if i start reading a good book now i will become trapped and have to read more @_@_@_@ )

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
awesome book! Read it in year 9.

and how can it be boring? Its just comedy. lol

confused bit is understandable, the timeline is all stuffed up. Events in consequtive chapters don't necessarily take place in relative order.

But its hilarious. :D

poodle

best book. major major killed me. oh and the guy with the apples in his cheeks and the 1 with the flies in his eyes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)