How many pages should the essays be? (1 Viewer)

sy37

HSC
I heard 4 is a good amount.

atargainz

HSC
Depends how big you write, don't think pages is a good indication. I write about 4 with about 10-16 words per line

Untroubled

HSC
1200+ words is a lot especially when you have two essays to get done, but if you have the capacity to think fast of relevant economic concepts and at the same time a fast hand writing then go ahead :D
Of course you can get 18+ for a 1000 word essay, could also for ~900 if you are very concise and to the point.

I wouldn't write too much cause there is a risk of ending up in a hand-writing diarrhoea type of situation ya know :haha:
I would say, write a plan that has a good amount of ideas that will answer the question precisely then start writing your essay. They don't look for quantity (but of course that doesn't mean write only a page or two), they want to know that you can answer the question with great focus, no blah-blah's.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
The Board stipulates that you should be able to receive full marks with 800 words if you don't muck around. In reality though, it's far easier to just burn through multi choice and short answer in an hour and then spend an hour each on the essays to get out around 1300-1400 words.

atargainz

HSC
The Board stipulates that you should be able to receive full marks with 800 words if you don't muck around. In reality though, it's far easier to just burn through multi choice and short answer in an hour and then spend an hour each on the essays to get out around 1300-1400 words.
true true, is that your approach? 1 hour for MC + SA then 1 hour per essay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)