How many pages have you got? (1 Viewer)

DDcat

HSC
hey guys, the MDP is about to due in less than a week
i bet you've all spent lots of time on it.

how many pages have you guys got in your folio?
100?
200?
or....:ninja:

cowhuntar

HSC
N/A
I would, but I played video games about 3.5 of the 4 terms we've had to do it. I have to finish it in 2 days.

Lizzae

HSC
Mine's around 65 pages A3 will probably end up being more once i stick in other various bits of stuff like receipts and what not.. Almost 25,000 words though.

DDcat

HSC
many people are using A3 papers

Do we get marked down by using A4?

DDcat

HSC
cowhuntar said:
I would, but I played video games about 3.5 of the 4 terms we've had to do it. I have to finish it in 2 days.
-_-~~

i think it'll be tough for you

Good luck man~!

Lori.

HSC
DDcat said:
many people are using A3 papers

Do we get marked down by using A4?
hmmmmm....better ask your teacher!
Every folio I've seen from past students was A3. Its not that all the writing is printed on A3 though, it's A4 pages stuck on A3 pages, so you have space to write evaluations or comments or stick pictures all around it.
It looks much more impressive to use A3, so see if you can still amend your folio and make it A3

Lizzae

HSC
I seriously doubt you will get marked down for using A4 sheets because imagine all the people that don't have access to a printer that can't print A3 sheets?

The folio i'm using as a guide has done what GJV said. Had black A3 backing with A4 sheets stuck on them. Use an A3 folder but still use A4 if that's what you prefer as it gives you more room to spread your photos and other requirement out on the page. Just make it easy for the marker to read through using bullet points in stead of huge chunks of solid writing.

I personally am using A3 but i started that from the beginning.

Last edited:

Chocolate Adikt

HSC
DDcat said:
hey guys, the MDP is about to due in less than a week
i bet you've all spent lots of time on it.

how many pages have you guys got in your folio?
100?
200?
or....:ninja:
Hey congratulations! What did u make?

Mine is due in 2 weeks..My folio is around 80 pages of good substance.

I honestly think that if anybody wrote that amount they is seriously insane..or just got alot of time on them. I think a reasonable amount of pages would be 60-80. I'm saying this because people make the constant mistake of firmly believing that quantity is better than quality. If you just get straight to the point and keep you folio consise and use design technology termonology you're looking good.

Keep in mind that markers arent going to read everything, they have a designated time pattern to follow in order to mark your MDP + Folio..So if you've written alot don't expect to hit the jackpot because, makers arent fooled by complete nonsense.

--Suzie--

DDcat

HSC
Chocolate Adikt said:
Hey congratulations! What did u make?

Mine is due in 2 weeks..My folio is around 80 pages of good substance.

I honestly think that if anybody wrote that amount they is seriously insane..or just got alot of time on them. I think a reasonable amount of pages would be 60-80. I'm saying this because people make the constant mistake of firmly believing that quantity is better than quality. If you just get straight to the point and keep you folio consise and use design technology termonology you're looking good.

Keep in mind that markers arent going to read everything, they have a designated time pattern to follow in order to mark your MDP + Folio..So if you've written alot don't expect to hit the jackpot because, makers arent fooled by complete nonsense.

--Suzie--
i agree with you.

one of my classmates wrote more than 150 pages, and i think her goal is about 200 pages... I dont know how she did it but im sure i would never be able to write that much, and i would never want to...

honestly, the MDP has driven me nuts! i just handed in my Visual art body of work, now its the MDP~~~ right now my msn name is" I Hate MDP"

hope u get a good mark for your MDP, Suzie~

fallen-angel

HSC
I just plain hate DT i wish i never chose it. I had Ext 2 Eng due last weds, dt 2moz and Ext History this comming weds.

I will be up VERY late doing my folio. My actual MDP is done just not the folio. So far i am at about 40 pages.....and i wouldn't say it was of fantastic quality either.....

A large majority of my class didn't look like they were even going to finish their major works....

Lori.

HSC
I finished everything in time for CSI tonight :) I'm so excited its over! I have 64 pages - all A3 - and i think they're all pretty good quality.

I was lucky I finished, too, because I got sick a few days ago and had to take time out of my weekend to sleep, and this always happened to me when a DT project was due!

rach_06

HSC
110 pages, 51,000 words, blood sweat & tears.... but this is what I built

alyse

HSC
140 bloody pages!!! lol so much effort into one assignment....but it paid off! i got selected for consideration to have my dress in the Powerhouse Museum and to go on tour around NSW!!!! sooo happy!!!!
sp put it all in guys, u just may shock yoursef, just as i have shocked myself!!!! lol

alyse

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
I got nominated!

Never bothered to do the finish count of pages though but it would be over 200

alyse

HSC
wow over 200 pages!!! good work!! the 140 pages i had were having trouble fitting in the folio! lol, can't imagine how 240 would fit!!! but thats awesome!

congrats on being nominated!!!! best reward for all the hard work and lack of social life for a year hey! lol...
wat are u guys planning to do after school?

best of luck!

alyse*

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
haha yeah i had 5 folders in the end (but only 2 with serious writing)

I'm planning on doing architecture at newcaslte uni with any luck

oh and for the record 266 pages and 53 157 words of my own writing

Last edited:

alyse

HSC
oh nice, architecture!!
wish there was a fashion design course at newcastle, im thinking about design and technology teaching at newcastle, but im not sure...ill have 2 c how my uai turns out lol.
fashion design in syd is my no.1 preference but need 88 UAI so that sux......grrr

goodluck with it all!

alyse

MrMe

Your Bestest Best Friend
HSC
yeah thanks! good luck to you too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)