How many openly gay/bi people at your school? (2 Viewers)

How many openly gay/bi people at your school?

Votes: 17 27.9%

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • 2 - 4

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • 10 - 20

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • >20

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
You still haven't proven being selfish is necessarily bad. As long as you don't impede upon someone else in the process, there isn't anything wrong with looking after number 1 (yourself0.

Your arguments are based upon the idea of God, which is unprovable. And hence, all you've said as proof is irrelevant. My proof is based upon what humans feel right doing. There is no proof that what we feel right doing is not what is right.
re-phrase your last sentence... it does not make sense.

being selfish is good for one basic purpose... survival of self. adam smith proposed that if everyone does whats best for themselves the best result will come for the group as a whole. but there are situation where this logic is not true, but in most situations this principle holds. :)

aud

HSC
Originally posted by chookyn
Guess what? I don't think so either. Our real purpose can only be fulfilled once we realise that God has created us for so much more than merely doing whatever we want, when it seems right. I just wish I could somehow explain it - but God's way is just SO much better! I haven't looked back... :)
You scare me. And I'm really scared by your sig. Fearing God = wisdom? Doesn't that scare you too? I'd hate to live my life scared of disappointing someone who decides what happens to me after I die. How awful it must be for you.

Originally posted by glitter burns
This is kind of irrelevant, but aud, you're from Cherrybrook? Do you go to CTHS?
Yup :D Where are you?

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Live your life for what we have hear, not living in fear of hope of what *might* happen later on. Enjoy what you *know* you have.

Thats what I reckon, anyway.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
re-phrase your last sentence... it does not make sense.
Yeah it does. I'll split it up for you:

"There is no proof that" "what we feel right doing" "is" "not what is right".

I.e "There is no proof that" "what we feel is right" "is" "actually not right".

abdooooo!!!

Banned
"There is no proof that" "what we feel right doing" "is" "not what is right".

I.e "There is no proof that" "what we feel is right" "is" "actually not right".
lol. i got it now... but couldn't you just said: "there is no proof that our natural/intuition way of doing things is wrong." :)

dieselboi

I went to a christian school.

I am openly gay. I don't go around parading with a rainbow coloured flag all the time, but my mannerisms change all the time.

@ Chookyn: u are entitled to ur own opinion, but if u hurt someone in the process it defeats the purpose. Shouldn't an opinion be said for a better cause? The way you impose ur beliefs upon someone else is the same as Hitler or Stahlin manifesting upon brainwashing other ppl-- it is destructive. I think it's called hypocricy...hmmm... yes.

As for us gays :D it is in our nature to seek competion. Is that not what everyone wants?

Anyway, I am so lucky that all my friends are kewl with me being gay. Its not like they are just OK with it, they totally love it! I spend heaps of times with girls and I sleep with them and we spoon, and we kiss and do all sorts of stupid things. Even the guys are totally cool about it, I still play sports and stuff- I used to love athletics.

@ aud: I love perving on guys with my girlfriends. IT is SO much fun.

aud

HSC
Originally posted by dieselboi
@ aud: I love perving on guys with my girlfriends. IT is SO much fun.
I know, isn't it?! :D Except when my girls' boyfriends ask me if I think they're hot while my girls are in their laps... then things get awkward :p

monopoly19

HSC
Went to an all-girls Catholic high school and had two openly gay women in the year group. I often heard about or saw experimentation in its finest glory, but I'm pretty sure that's all it was. A nearby non-denominational all-boys school had a flurry of 'coming outs' soon after school ended.

aud

HSC
Originally posted by monopoly19
A nearby non-denominational all-boys school had a flurry of 'coming outs' soon after school ended.
I'm waiting patiently for a 'flurry' any time now... but knowing my popularity (or lack thereof), I probably wouldn't hear about it for months :D

Kirsti

HSC
in my year... 5? maybe more. somewhere around there.
at least 1 teacher
a few in other years but i dont pay too much attention

(btw, im a bisexual chick but ive actually had more girlfriends at my school than boyfriends. lol, i converted my best friend last year and now we're dating)

aud

HSC
Originally posted by redslert
i heard for every 10 there's 1....but hey statistics...pffff
Yea, there are statistics around that say 1 in 10 people are gay, but seriously, statistics are collaborations of lies

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
dus it matter really? statistics neva have the whole picture, only a minor group....even if they had 100,000 people of the target market, it still is no-where near the true figure.... u know, they could've picked a day where there were heaps of gay ppl around, or a day where there was heaps of straight ppl (no offence if i sed the wrong words there)......

neway, we got sum gay guys at our skool, but u sorta expect that from 137 guys who most have only been with guys for all their highskool years (6 years so far), but if thats wot they wanna do, thats fine......

.....as long as they help sum of us poor buggers with our style... ;) :D plzzz?

aud

HSC
Originally posted by braad
dus it matter really? statistics neva have the whole picture, only a minor group....even if they had 100,000 people of the target market, it still is no-where near the true figure.... u know, they could've picked a day where there were heaps of gay ppl around, or a day where there was heaps of straight ppl (no offence if i sed the wrong words there)......

neway, we got sum gay guys at our skool, but u sorta expect that from 137 guys who most have only been with guys for all their highskool years (6 years so far), but if thats wot they wanna do, thats fine......

.....as long as they help sum of us poor buggers with our style... ;) :D plzzz?
:D You could always just employ a stylist. There are some gay guys I need that really need one just as much as a straight guy.

In conclusion:

Homosexuals are gay.
Yes. That's correct. And by inspection, heterosexuals are straight. QED. #

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
lmao at keypads and auds 'QED'S'

u guys love maths

hey aud which is better? maths or textiles??

aud

HSC
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
lmao at keypads and auds 'QED'S'

u guys love maths

hey aud which is better? maths or textiles??
:D I am so over Textiles this year, have lost the passion for my MTP... so Maths is looking better at them moment, I understand and cope with everything in ME2, but with ME1 I have huge traumas :D I know, it's weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)