How many hours and time should I pour in each subject? (1 Viewer)

Ishaan Verma

HSC
Hey I am in Year 10, and I am choosing my subjects for Year 11. I just want to know how many hours should I spend in each subject and how can I ace them? I have chosen the following subjects:
1. Maths Advanced (2U)
2. English Advanced
3. Physics
4. Chemistry
5. Biology
6. Modern History

Any help would be useful, thanks!

dasfas

HSC
Depends.. as much as it takes for you to internalise the concepts taught that week, and then some. No one can give you a precise answer - it entirely depends on your strengths and weaknesses. If you are strong at maths and writing, I don't think anything will cause you too much trouble.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe a good indicator for how much time you should spend studying for each of your subjects in year 11 and 12 would be the subjects you're currently doing in year 10. How much time do you think you spend on Maths, English, Science and History (if applicable, or otherwise Geography) currently? Do you think the time you have been spending throughout year 10 studying for each of your subjects was enough for you to get good marks?

Generally speaking, Mathematics Advanced, Physics, Chemistry and Biology can be classified as rather demanding subjects, meaning you are likely to allocate more study time towards those than you are towards English Advanced. As mentioned above, it also depends on your strengths and weaknesses (i.e. which subjects you can perform the best at). The fact that you are taking three sciences may indicate that you are capable of performing well in science subjects and might as a result end up not allocating as much time as you might expect. Instead, you might choose to allocate this extra time towards Mathematics Advanced or Modern History for example.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)