How many Fontline episodes to include in response... (1 Viewer)

HSC
sorry...i know this question has prolly been asked a lot, but i cant be bothered looking for it :D

So how many episodes of Frontline do we need to include in the truth essay and also how many supp material??

derek_

HSC
i've read a exemplar response which had two episodes and i've read a band 5/6 which have three episodes so yeh....depends how in depth you go for each one

as for supplementary material, 2 is "at least."

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
im doing two. two is good, coz u wont have time to write more than two..(unless ur a superfast writer), coz u also need time for related text/s and crap....just include heaps of detail, and "techniques"

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yup, unfortunately coz they have specified texts before, so there's no reason why they wont do it again...so we have to know all of them thoroughly anyway but my focus will be on two texts and two related materials.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
we are meant to know all of them thoroughly but my teacher says that the chance of us being told which texts to do is about 10% because some people may not have studied all the texts but the ones they have may be specified. this would be very unfair to other peopel who havent studied all the texts but have studied ones which werent specified. i dont think the examiners would be bothered specifying texts because it would ont be an efective way of examining the cohort.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i havent learnt "this night of nights" as i never saw it. im fucked if they specify they want that one.
if they do specify and i dont think they will i think they will use
the siege, playing the ego card or we aint got dames

derek_

HSC
i certainly hope their not specify texts ... i'm too retarded to learn all 6 episodes =/

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
they will not specify ne justice game trials and i assume this goes for frontline and ted's poems...theyre not gonna fuk u guys up, and hten giv us a choice so yeh...and to answr the above question...

Candidates who demonstrated clear understanding of the module were often those who understood the need for a clear balance between the set text and the related texts. They did not try to cover too many episodes in Frontline or too many of Ted Hughes’ poems. They concentrated on two or three examples from the set text and did so in a very thorough way.
This allowed them to integrate their related texts more effectively and in the depth that was required to show a full understanding of the nature of this module.

<Examiners Report for 2001 HSC Module C: Representation and Text>

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
do we have to integrate our related material with frontline to the extent that we had to with journey's?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Depends on the text type but if it's something straightforward like an essay or feature article, id say yes.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
sparkl3z said:
yup, unfortunately coz they have specified texts before, so there's no reason why they wont do it again...so we have to know all of them thoroughly anyway but my focus will be on two texts and two related materials.
When have they ever specified? Because in an exam if they specify a poem for example, they need to provide it to you in the exam room. They can't exactly put a TV out the front and play the Frontline episode.

Paroissien

HSC
That's not true though. In regards to Harwood they can specify a poem you have to refer to

Rabz_17

In the past 3 'Paper 2' papers (Frontline only been used since 2001) they have not specified which episodes to use. But who's to say we won't be the first to get rorted.

Personally, i don't think they will specify. But i can be wrong.

derek_

HSC
Will_Sparky said:
When have they ever specified? Because in an exam if they specify a poem for example, they need to provide it to you in the exam room. They can't exactly put a TV out the front and play the Frontline episode.
you sure? because for our trials we were specified a poem to use and we weren't provided with it lol :(

stace212

derek_ said:
you sure? because for our trials we were specified a poem to use and we weren't provided with it lol :(
Yeh but its different for the trials, there are different rules, I'm not too sure on the rules for the HSC papers, but don't rely on the trials for what to expect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)