How many coleridge poems? (1 Viewer)

alvin

HSC
Hey, guys just a question is anyone knows what im talking about. When it says Prescribed text, in my case Samual Coleridge for imaginative journeys can you go into depth on one and then mention others vaugly or are we discussing two or more in depth? Ive been doing one and mentioning others briefly but im not sure? any help?

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
2 in depth.

Ideally should spend same amount of time on each of them

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Do whatever you want, 1 to 4. While you're at it, feel free to use a poem from the stimulus booklet, too, if you like.

All this crap about "oh, you should do exactly 1.85 coleridge poems, make sure your texts are in at least 3.6 mediums..." is pure speculation; you'll get the best marks doing whatever suits YOU the best.

alvin

HSC
thanks captain, sounds better than 2 haha, i just started stressing that i havnt learnt another one in depth i guess if you do it well enough...

alvin said:
thanks captain, sounds better than 2 haha, i just started stressing that i havnt learnt another one in depth i guess if you do it well enough...
im only doing "frost at midnight", my english teacher said it was much better to do one in depth than glossing over 2 or more. I mean its only 40 minutes and with 3 other texts to talk about thats 10 minutes per text, dont go and add another one unless you really have to!

jess121

hey, yeah i think thats fine. They'd probably rather that you do two in depth but i reckon one is fine

rusty_rouge

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Do whatever you want, 1 to 4. While you're at it, feel free to use a poem from the stimulus booklet, too, if you like.

All this crap about "oh, you should do exactly 1.85 coleridge poems, make sure your texts are in at least 3.6 mediums..." is pure speculation; you'll get the best marks doing whatever suits YOU the best.
Oh I agree, lol. Our teacher said it's better to do one in detail, rather than give two or three and not pay them as much attention - remember, these poems are very deep, very long, and very complex - they need to be given adequate time to be analysed - along with your related texts and a stimulus text :D

Good luck guys!

hipPo3

HSC
Im doing Rime of anceint mariner and Kubla Kahn and if theres time enough for another one, ill add in Lime tree bower

gotta do what'll impress teh markers ..

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah two is best. and those two should be done in great detail in order to tell the marker that you know your stuff, and you understand what you're talking about. im doing two, and the two i picked are frost at midnight and this lime tree bower my prison because they both have alot to interrelate with each other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)