How many coleridge poems? (1 Viewer)

venom

1.5th year uni student
HSC
For those doing Coleridge + imaginative journey for area of study, do we need to know all 4 of the coleridge poems? If not, then how many?
thanks

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
u will only need to write on 3 but u should know about all 4 just in case, in terms of the question u are asked.

zelda

you wouldnt need to know all 4 for the exam, im going to be using 2 and know them well rather than writing 3 or 4 with not much detail...+ the rime of ancient mariner is annoying so id rather not use that! :p well lets just hope they wont say refer to rime of the ancient mariner in your response. :)
you could talk about 1 coleridge...but then that has the be talked about perfectly and in depth...so yeah... i recommend using 2 !! KK, FAM or TLTBMP
If you do talk about 3, just make sure you have enough time because you have to also refer to 1 from the stimulus booklet and 2 of your own texts depending on the question.

Last edited:

venom

1.5th year uni student
HSC
"well lets just hope they wont say refer to rime of the ancient mariner in your response."

can they actually do that, specify a poem that you have to talk about? damn i hope not that would suck. i think ill probly study all except frost at midnight actually mariner sucks as well..kubla and bower are alright though, in that you can get lotsa 'imaginative journey' stuff out of them.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
No, they can't do that. The question is generic for ALL texts and both standard and advanced. Well, this makes sense since standard and advanced do the same paper for AOS anyway LOL

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
yeah the question is generic, but it is POSSIBLE that below when they list the prescribed texts to refer specifically to a poem. Not likely, but its possible.

venom

1.5th year uni student
HSC
"it is POSSIBLE that below when they list the prescribed texts to refer specifically to a poem"

that really really sucks

venom

1.5th year uni student
HSC
"It ISNT possible. Done."

what you say now? explain how its definitely definitely not possible

Kimmi_R

they can refer to a specific poem. they have in past tests, they can do the same with speeches, they asked for margret atwood and relate it to 2 other speeches, so they can and might! best thing is just to know a bit about all of your texts and a 3 or 4 in depth. :)

frazzle

HSC
i only know 2 coleridge poems! nooooooo don't make me study the other ones!!!!!

can we get an official word on this? =(

i'm going to call the HSC advise line!

Lorie

HSC
yeah it's probably better you know all the poems. But probably you only need 2 if your using RIme, and maybe 3 if your not. Also, depends on the other texts you are doing aswell.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Refer in extensive detail to two of them and mention the other 2 breifly to support a particular idea

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
arg, the hsc line isn't open until tuesday!

i agree with purple circles, know two poems really well and briefly write about the other two.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yep 2 or 3 in detail and prolly sketchy rime ... it is xtermely unlikely that hsc wont specify poems, its unlike them, the hsc is easier than trials, i was actually expecting those CSSA bastards to do taht to us--i thought theyd specify Rime jus to fuk us all ova, thank god they didnt

Dr2b

Supplimentary Texts for Paper 1

I was under the impression that we only needed ONE supplimentary text for the journeys essay, along with TWO coleridge poems and ONE from the BOS booklet.

Is this correct? :confused:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
ud b better off preparing 2 or 3 supplementary texts

Dr2b

Modules and Supplimentary

Out of all the modules that we do for Advanced English is it true that we only need supplimentary material for one of them? For emample for Powerplay Module C.

frazzle

HSC
one supplementary isn't enough. you need 2 at least, but i find that i can't talk about more than 5 texts in the exam otherwise i start listing instead of integrating. and i can't write fast enought either.

with the coleridge poems, i only know 2 in detail. must we mention the other 2 in passing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)