How many Books in a week? (1 Viewer)

Genesys

HSC
What is the largest number of books you have read in a week?

Last holidays I somehow managed to read 7 large novels in a week, and I wasn't a recluse either. I just read late at night if I wasn't out. It was crazy....

Anyone top that?

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
um... i dunno... it depends on the size of the books.... what do you call a large book??

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
ok... um... i dont think i could beat you... but i can read... i dunno 4 or 5 i reckon...

Generator

HSC
N/A
Ah, so you have a big dick (for a woman, anyway). Should we care?

Asking how many books one has read in a single week is quite stupid.
- How many pages per book?
- What about the size of the text?
- May the book be considered as being easy reading or not?
- Etc.
Then there's the reader, too.
- How much time was spent reading that week?
- How does the person actually read (skim, re-read, slow, fast, etc.)?
- Etc.

HSC
I read the notebook and a walk to remember in the same week. thats the most!

koala_face

you have to exclude fantasy, and all those shocking romance novels. They're like chocolate, way to easy to read/eat and you can never have enough. 1000pg fanatsy book is like a 1000 word analytical essay.

santaslayer

HSC
koala_face said:
you have to exclude fantasy, and all those shocking romance novels. They're like chocolate, way to easy to read/eat and you can never have enough. 1000pg fanatsy book is like a 1000 word analytical essay.
Fine.

I read 2 chapters of Jane Austen in one whole day. (Which equates to about 10-15 pages in total) :p

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i;ve read war and peace 17 times since lunch.

*insert the obvious "jk" here!*

i could do a couple a week, but i don't reall time myself - if it takes me ages it takes me ages, id rather spend a while reading a book that miss something because i'mreading fast for the sake of reading fast.

does that make any sense whatsoever? lol.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
in january this year i was at a resort on stradbroke island

i read:

life of pi (forgot author)
valhalla rising (cussler)
state of fear (creighton)
ice station (reilly)

thats the most reading i've ever done, it was over 8 days, but iw as at a resort so i was doin lots of activities, i tneded to just read between 11-3 by the pool wen it was too hot to do anything else.

was an interesting consort of books though, very wholesome read

books that i've read cover to cover in one day lately are:

the davinci code
angels and daemons
deception point
contest
sahara
dune (i stayed in bed from 9am till 11pm and some how read this in a day, its massive)

they were all books which were very rivetting so it was more compelling to stay in bed reading than actually get out and do something

Last edited:
HSC
The only time I really manage to have significant periods of time to dedicate to recreational reading without feeling guilty about more pressing concerns (Uni work, etc), is when I'm sick, and as such my reading speed isn't really that fantastic when I do get around to it. So I'd say maybe two or three books a week when I'm too sick to work.

If we're talking uni work, probably significantly more, unfortunately. This is definitely the wrong way around, because the stuff I have to read for Uni is often terribly boring compared to what I read by choosing. One day I'll reverse the situation, one day :)

J

jhakka

I honestly can't remember what the most is. My reading habits have been really up and down over the last year because of HSC and uni. It took me two or three weeks to read Darkwitch Rising (Sara Douglass) because of uni work, while on the other hand it took me a day to read Ice Station (Matthew Reilly). Depends on how much time, and how much else I have to do, there is in the day.

Genesys

HSC
Generator said:
Ah, so you have a big dick (for a woman, anyway). Should we care?

Asking how many books one has read in a single week is quite stupid.
- How many pages per book?
- What about the size of the text?
- May the book be considered as being easy reading or not?
- Etc.
Then there's the reader, too.
- How much time was spent reading that week?
- How does the person actually read (skim, re-read, slow, fast, etc.)?
- Etc.
Just wanted a general idea of how many books people read in a given time period, If i went into such specifics people would have been even less likely to respond. I once came across someone who read 25 books, approx 800 pages, fine print which were not considered easy reading as such in a week. He also spoke 5 languages. I thought there might be someone else like that in existence.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'm an incredibly slow reader and one who likes to takes time to absorb everything I'm reading (I read mostly non-fiction. I can read fiction quite a lot faster, e.g. I read the last Harry Potter book in about 6 hours). So it takes me maybe about a week to finish a book. I also have to factor in uni and other commitments so I don't have much time to dedicate to reading nowadays. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)