How Long? (1 Viewer)

rumour

HSC
To anyone who has recently gotten a job:

How long were you job hunting, before you found a job?

I've been trying for about a week now, & still nothing!! :(

rumour

HSC
Okay, so did you take the first job offer you got or did you wait for something better?

^___^
HSC
i always wanted to work at coles cos its close to me and for the discount card! =D

so yea, as soon as coles rang, i told the rest i've got a job

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Um a week isn't exactly a long time.... give it a bit longer before you get concerned!

rumour

HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
Um a week isn't exactly a long time.... give it a bit longer before you get concerned!
Okay :)

I applied at a chicken shop, I don't know why, but they were the only ones to call back & I turned them down. What if I get no more call backs :(?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Jess, if you need a job if you move to Albury, and are willing to work from 11pm-7am on weekends, and can wash dishes and have customer service skills, PM me hehe.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
rumour, just keep applying! Don't stop applying at places until you get a job, it's that simple!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol a month is not much rumour, it's christmas so you'll have more of a chance but if you happen to just miss the christmas casual hiring rush you could be waiting 6 months to a year

i know that will make you disheartened and whatever but luckily people on this board talked some sense into me last year. look at my thread http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=19056

it doesn't mean you won't get a job before christmas. you should go and apply everywhere. even better apply where they are advertising - you know they need people. the job will come eventually. the more you put in, the more chance you have

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
people go months (or even years) unemployed, and you expect to find a job within a week?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Took me 4 months... but then again I only applied 2 places :p

Last year I extremely desparate for a job and found one wthin a week, but that was through connections... *sigh*

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
It's worse if the job is advertised at an online job site because people just spam their resumes to all the latest positions.

But using the shotgun approach seems to work for a fair few people, you'll hit something somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)