• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How long should your summary of summaries be? (1 Viewer)

Astraea

HSC
I'm currently doing concise summary notes for chemistry but I've found that its really hard to condense all the dot points + experiments into 10 pages per module (I'm aiming at 10). Now I'm thinking of 20 pages double-sided for Mod+Core and 10 double-sided pages for experiments/3rd column dot points.
To past HSC students, how many pages should your summary of summaries be?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
My chem summaries are 30 pages, including all pracs. You don't need to go into detail with them, just write the important points about each dot point that you can elaborate on during an exam.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
This is a hard one to answer.... but you would unlikely remember EVERYTHING in your notes. Make them how long you think they need to be. I made mine around 10 pages typed (with experiments), per topic.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I had about 30-40 pages for my notes which were really helpful throughout year 12
However before the HSC, I condensed them to 5-8 pages filled with everything important that I needed to know

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
I made two sets of notes
1 really really detailed set, essentially a textbook in its own right (50pages per module)
but getting closer to the exam I just listed out the shit I was required to know and then looked at them, recited a few notes in my head and yeah.
I found that really helps

bedpotato

HSC
Try using index cards. My detailed summaries are 20-30 pages, then I write my summaries of summaries on index cards, 1 dot point on each side.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Mine were about 25-30 pages per topic - I managed to condense concepts to around 3 pages for each topic.

Astraea

HSC
How do you know what to cut out and what to leave behind?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)