how long does bus trip from blacktown take? (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hrm, I don't suppose anyone from Mt Druitt goes to macquarie, god, i live in a hole. No one is educated here. ;) hhe, maybe not that bad, but still.

So how long does it take from mt druitt in a bus? (i know there is a bus from mt druitt that goes to macquarie uni, found out from one of Macquaries information booklets). How long from Blacktown? From Paramatta?

and how much does it cost per trip? an approximation would do

ta

highpingbastard

Lag me hard!
HSC
From blacktown it's about 25 minutes....
From parramatta it's about 1 hour (the parra bus is really shit...it goes through the suburbs of eastwood and epping)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
From Parramatta it's about an hour. For concession it's $2 per trip. BUT if u use a travel ten it's $16.60... that would be $(16.6/10) per trip... sorry i need a calculator for things like that lol.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
or you could train to epping station and catch a 80c 5min bus ride!!

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
peak time train tickets are worrisome. :(

and i live in mt druitt. as i thought, no one from mt druitt goes to macquarie uni. hehe ah well

but 25 minutes from blacktown sounds very good. From mount druitt it should be like max 10 minutes extra. sif train to blacktown. walk to bus stop 5 minutes from house, catch bus, and get dropped off at macquarie uni. simple. ^_^

and actually, now that i think of it, i think my dad works at macquarie uni. hrm, i dunno which uni it is, but its near northryde (north ryde, i think, has a ryde in it somewhere)
lol, if thats true, i get a free car trip.
but at 7am, thats worrisome too. hrm hrm

EDIT:
Damn it, my dad DOES work at macquarie Uni (for Goodmanfielder, a company located in the bounds of Macquarie Uni, I think).

and he just told me that the bus from mt druitt takes an hour. darn

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol... u didn't know where ur dad works?

Oh yeh and noone from Bossley Park goes to Macquarie... so that's 2 buses for me... 2 hrs and $38.60 a week! woohoo! :rolleyes:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, i knew, just didn't know which uni it was. dad works at Goodmanfielder, a company whose office is within the bounds of the uni, isn't part of the uni. :)

highpingbastard

Lag me hard!
HSC
All buses to macquarie uni are pretty shitty...they always take detours...the only good buses are from epping.

*hopeful*

HSC
yeh the goodmanfielder stuff is near innovation rd i think
i know sum1 who cumz from blacktown n it takes her half an hr (in the bus)

Rahul

Dead Member
611 will take you 30 mins.

630 will take you a tad over an hour.

catch the 611....bus fare is $2.80 concession, 5.60 normal

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pb
From Parramatta it's about an hour. For concession it's $2 per trip. BUT if u use a travel ten it's $16.60... that would be $(16.6/10) per trip... sorry i need a calculator for things like that lol.
Originally posted by highpingbastard
From blacktown it's about 25 minutes....
From parramatta it's about 1 hour (the parra bus is really shit...it goes through the suburbs of eastwood and epping)
damn fucking right

those fucken parra buses are fucked severely

im trying to figure out why they reduced the damn 550's i remember them running in the mornings at peak as well as the afternoons, cos seriously its a joke having to leave 1.30 to 2 hours before going to uni when the train takes less time :| and the buses are hardly ever on time....<rant>

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
haha i was eating my Uncle Toby's breakfast bar and it said goodmanfielder on it... yeh... u so care lol

Last edited:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
um, yeah. :D
very interesting. :D

lol, my dad forces down all these uncle toby's products down my throat, cause he gets them for like 40% of the price, and he gets brain washed at work at how good uncle toby's is. lol

sillychikki

HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
611 will take you 30 mins.

630 will take you a tad over an hour.

catch the 611....bus fare is $2.80 concession, 5.60 normal
Noooo! Dont catch the 611, it's so unreliable, sometimes (as in frequently) it doesnt even show. It's early if it arrives half an hour after the time it's meant to. It might be relatively cheap, but if you want to get anywhere on time you have to catch the bus before the one that's supposed to get you there on time.... It's really annoying for those nine am starts.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
611 is ALWAYS late !

But its better than go around the whole world with 630 unlike the direct M2 611 :p

highpingbastard

Lag me hard!
HSC
Yeah that bloody 611. It's supposed to come at like 8:25 at Oakes rd but NOOO...it ALWAYS comes at 8:35-8:40. That's 10 to 15 minutes late on a regular basis!

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
argh

ack ack ack

I know what you mean now.

611 is LATE.
damn it

is there no alternative route?
no buses from Mt Druitt station?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
nah. i am pretty sure there isnt.

i didnt have too many problems with the 611 being late. :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)