How long do you guys study for? (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Me 4 hours weekdays 6 hours weekends.

This is my study timetable its pretty lose not that strict;

Mondays, Tuesdays:

7-8am Study (reading over notes/flash cards etc)
Monday B Week Chem Tutoring in 7:30-8:16
8:16-2:56 school
3:10 - 3:30 relax
3:30 - 6:30 homework (mainly maths, bio, chem and english, don't really get homwork for the others)
6:30 - 7:00 dinner
Mondays 7-11 study/make notes etc.
Tuesdays 7:30 - 8:00 watch new eps of The Simpsons
8:00 - 12:00 study

Wednesdays

Wednesday A week Chem Tutoring 7:30 - 8:16
8:16-2:56 school
3:00 - 5:00 YAA
5:00 - 6:30 Homework
6:30 - 7:00 Dinner
7:30 - 9:30 homework
9:30 - 1:00 study

Thursdays
8:16-12:30ish school
12:30-1:45 relax/lunch
1:45 - 5:45 Nursing at TAFE
6:15 - 7:00 dinner and relax
7:00 - 10:00 Homework
10:00 - 2:00 study

Fridays
8:16-12:20 school (we finish early on fridays)
12:20 - 12:30 lunch
12:30 - 3:00 homework
3:00 - 6:30 assignments
6:30 - 7:30 make and eat dinner
7:30 - 11:30 study

Saturdays and Sundays

approximate times

10:00 - 6:00 anywork and study [follow school timetable for Mondays A (Saturday) and Wednesdays B(Sunday) ]

i also use my lunch times most days in the library working on assignments or getting help with maths from the teacher.

I also find it easier to study at night and first thing in the morning. Last year when we got to school we would have one of the teachers open a room for those of us who wanted to study lol.

This is how I study
-syllabus notes
-practice essays
-practice exams (cause i can for english and then preliminary ones I got from here)
-huge ass posters that have mind maps & other essential facts
-record notes and listen to them
-have things blu-taked to roof above my bed (poems at the moment)
-flash cards
-teaching others the subject when they don't understand (primariyl english & biology)
-homework & assignments
-revison guide questions

there you go :rolleyes:

midst

HSC
I hardly study at all, right now I'm panicking about my prelims because I've started studying way too late.. I have a habit of procrastinating and consequently I decided to start studying after I finished all my other assessments, now I have about a week to study for my prelims. I generally do ok anyway, but I dont think I will this time.

bawd

HSC
I try to get at least 2 - 3 hours a day. Extra hours on the weekends. Friday = chillax night, unless there are exams or assessments.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
i study zero on weekdays unless things are due
bahahaha

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Whoa, Marcquelle. Calm down and look at what you just typed up. The saddest thing would be if you burnt out before the end of year 12.

I'm a little more in line with adidas. 2-3 hours per night on weekdays and 3-4 hours on weekends. I don't think I've allocated my time well, and have concentrated more on the assessments leading up to the exams. As a result, I'm not ready for the exams; especially Modern History (next Friday) and English (Monday week). As opposed to study for these subjects, I am actually learning the stuff for the first time (partly due to incompetent teachers)

Anyways, important thing to remember: we are not in SC yet. these exams will NOT define how well you do in the HSC. Soooo chillax

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Tully B. said:
Whoa, Marcquelle. Calm down and look at what you just typed up. The saddest thing would be if you burnt out before the end of year 12.

I'm a little more in line with adidas. 2-3 hours per night on weekdays and 3-4 hours on weekends. I don't think I've allocated my time well, and have concentrated more on the assessments leading up to the exams. As a result, I'm not ready for the exams; especially Modern History (next Friday) and English (Monday week). As opposed to study for these subjects, I am actually learning the stuff for the first time (partly due to incompetent teachers)

Anyways, important thing to remember: we are not in SC yet. these exams will NOT define how well you do in the HSC. Soooo chillax
You sure? He certainly studies more than 2-3!

seakebab

HSC
I've studied for around 45 minutes - 1 hour/day for the past week. This is the only time where I've actually studied during my whole school life, I'm aiming for around 2 hours/day next year, maybe more.

Just studied for 45 minutes on Japanese. :hammer:

Real Madrid

HSC
Right...you said study.

Right now I'm trying to blitz 4 chapters of maths...(I took a holiday overseas halfway through the year)

Last edited:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Tully B. said:

1, this is what i did for the hsc last year (basically, different subjects now), never burnt out cause its not that much, it's an average of 4 hours a night
2. it will effect me this year with. possible 2009 entry to uni depending on results
3, HSC starts in year 11, hence the name preliminary hsc, both years about effort, i know year 11 marks account for nothing for year 12 (for most subjects) but i'm a different case.

read this forum then you might understand my situation
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=177518&highlight=finished+returned

shaon0

HSC
LOLA!!!! said:
On average,how long do you guys study for when you get home everyday?
0-1 hour max a day...but i'm going to study about 5-6hours a day in the HSC year.

fishy89sg

HSC
shaon0 said:
0-1 hour max a day...but i'm going to study about 5-6hours a day in the HSC year.
thats what i said entering my HSC year as well.........

Real Madrid

HSC
2-3 hours a day on HSC.

Easy UAI of 90.

2 hours of good study is better than 8 hours droswy bleh study.

I'm just gonna write and rewrite dot points

jet

Banned
HSC
Honestly I do none. Only because i have so much homework and other extra curriculars on that i dont get time. I just got through week 1 of exams by cramming the night before. I had four exams in 2 days which sucked though.
I also had HSC Music practice with the people i accompany and Marist Oratory last night. Plus i still have to go to my year 12 maths classes.

mattoxxxxx

HSC
N/A
Pacchiru said:
wow, waitta make someone feel stupid. WITH THAT MUCH STUDYING.
i know......i only do 2 hrs a nite study......10 hours would drive me to suicide lmaos...

shaon0

HSC
the-derivative said:
That's what I want to be able to do as well... not sure if I can do that.
Same. I don't think i will be able to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)