How late is too late (1 Viewer)

HUNT

Well......... Um ........ I've started my project..., done a bit of writting and research. I've even started my essay, however i watched "much ado about something" on Sunday 18th, and got really interested in the Shakespeare conspiracy and kinda want to change my topic. This may not be the smartest thing to do BUT i just wanted to know if i'd left it too late .......How late is too late???????

sugared plum

HSC
umm what were you thinking abotu 'shakespeare conspiracy'? What historiographical issues come into play in that topic?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
University students complete 2,000+ word essays in one night. A handy tip from lovable Ziff.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
what was your original topic? how different is this idea to your original topic?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I don't think there is a time when it's 'too late' (although you wouldn't exactly want to be changing topics a couple of weeks before it's due :)), I think it's up to you, and how much work you are willing to put into it to make up for the time you've lost. Good luck anyway :)

HUNT

WOW thanks everyone for your replies, i love the attention :D ....Anyway my first draft is due in 8 weeks ... i think i'm just getting bored of my topic... and i don't really think i've put in a great deal of work into my topic because well i guess i'm just not as interested as before and i don't like where my topic is taking me, as it is not initially what i wanted to do :( BUT i think i'll be fine .... some people can do 2000+ essays overnight :D :D thanks Ziff:D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
so WHAT was ur original topic? and what is your new topic?

HUNT

Originally posted by sugared plum
umm what were you thinking abotu 'shakespeare conspiracy'? What historiographical issues come into play in that topic?
I'm not sure (feeling real stupid right now) i guess i thought i could investigate the documentary and i'ts debate, research the point of views of scholars? ......... i don't know......... guess i'm bored of my own topic and the shakes conspiracy interested me :) :) thanks for your relpy

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by HUNT
WOW thanks everyone for your replies, i love the attention :D ....Anyway my first draft is due in 8 weeks ... i think i'm just getting bored of my topic... and i don't really think i've put in a great deal of work into my topic because well i guess i'm just not as interested as before and i don't like where my topic is taking me, as it is not initially what i wanted to do :( BUT i think i'll be fine .... some people can do 2000+ essays overnight :D :D thanks Ziff:D
you have 8 weeks until your FIRST draft is due?! Then you'll be fine! :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hmm seems alot of ppl are doing topics specifically related to the conspiracy concept...

HUNT

Originally posted by Sarah168
so WHAT was ur original topic? and what is your new topic?
My original topic was on Nostradamus... i was doing an investigation of the historically debatable and controversal works and life of Nostradamus. Was going to do this by researching in depth five different people from different time frames and why/ why not they like/dislike Nosty and reasons for opinions. Now i'm doing a media investigation on the 1994 movie "Nostradamus", in comparison to (what other people think of) his life. so now i guess i'm analysing how people (producers of the movie) in modern society view Nosty's life and how they portray him aswell as reasons for it. What i wanted to change my topic to was The shakespeare conspiracy, where i guess i would research reasons for doubt of the legitimacy of shakespeare as the creator of ...well ..shakespearean plays and reasons behind the doubts? yeah..... that's all:)

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
u have heaps of time so go with the topic u like and ull be fine..

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
So basically your point of historical controversy is the debate over whether or not Shakespeare actually wrote the plays that his name is on?

Hmm, interesting idea. You seem like you have a lot of time. I mean, I've got my topic and everything but with my other majors being much longer I haven't really begun work on this one properly yet and I'm not too worried.

I say if you're really interested in this more than your other topic (which I think was quite interesting in itself) then go for it.

:)

HUNT

(i feel like i have to say thanx to anyone who replies) So..... thanx for your reply, i was talking to friends at school who have other major works and they havn't been doing ex history either!!!!!!!!! makes me feel better:) .......... i'll probably use my nosty info for my religion interest project (all my work won't be wasted) But yeah, it's nice to know someone else finds Nosty interesting :D

ms.cinderella

HSC
Originally posted by Perhaps
I say if you're really interested in this more than your other topic (which I think was quite interesting in itself) then go for it. :)
yup! i agree! it's so much better doing something you're more interested and passionate about. that way, you'd be more motivated to work on it!

Katjif

pondering dystopic life
HSC
Hey Hunt

I'm doing 4U English and Drama and History Extension, and quite honestly not only have I not started my History, I've also just decided to change my topic! :)

I was originally doing the death of Christopher Marlowe, but it's so boring and it's getting really repetitive, so I'm going to change!
At the moment, I'm thinking of Hannibal (I'm in love with the man, he's brilliant) so yeah. That's where I stand. Oh and don't stress, we have HEAPS of time!

-Kat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)