How is you major work going? (1 Viewer)

asha_ramirez

HSC
Everyone in my class except for the top 2 students are getting letters sent home (nothing tooo serious, not a warning letter or anything) because our art teacher is worried about our progress. She said this is so incase you don't get very good marks your parents can't come to me and say why didnt you tell us our child was behind?...

I'm like bleh about the entire HSC at the moment, and that is really bad... I just want it all to go away. But I am going to a Uni Open Day tomorrow (not that I'm going to uni next year) but it should help me become motivated.. some how.

soiled_poncho

Originally posted by asha_ramirez
Everyone in my class except for the top 2 students are getting letters sent home (nothing tooo serious, not a warning letter or anything) because our art teacher is worried about our progress. She said this is so incase you don't get very good marks your parents can't come to me and say why didnt you tell us our child was behind?...

That's what happened to our class too. I didn't realise other teachers were doing it.

As I type this, my mother is opening it...

The timing is spooky and forboding.

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
I guess the whole "sending a letter home" idea is a good thing. It not only gets the teachers nagging but the parents as well. :p

babeishnes

our class is moving along nicely. 2moz is our 1st day of holidays and we have to go to school to work on our BOW

owoodley

So, are we going to start sending in some pics of how our body of works are going? I am pretty happy with what I am up to at this stage.... *crossing fingers*

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
Once I get my digital camera back, I'll post pictures of my major up here.

Someone should start a new thread for posting major work pictures.

bubble_tea

ive pretty much finished mine

I made 81 canvasses and for each canvas I put a different photo of me manipulated on the computer using photoshop using iron-on transfers. I finished about a fortnight ago, I just have to go back and polish it up.. Most of the people in my class are midway through their work working to get it finished before the trials..

bubble_tea

they're 7x10cm.. its small scale cuz i wanted to put each canvas in a wooden grid but changed my idea cuz my art teacher said it would have looked like kitsch, i guess i could have made them bigger.. >.< dam!

Sset561986

I have one problem - i lack any artistic talent whatsoever!
Minor detail. As is the story of my life I will be chucking something together at the last minute

jarding432

I'm in a league of my own
Wow, I'm reading messages that say ppl have FINISHED!, I'm planning to do a series of 4 large scale paintings. - I've finished 1 of them, I've taken them home over the holidays but I have 3 other assessments that need doing aswell. Why do teachers do that to us? :eek:

Sset561986

jarding432 said:
Wow, I'm reading messages that say ppl have FINISHED!, I'm planning to do a series of 4 large scale paintings. - I've finished 1 of them, I've taken them home over the holidays but I have 3 other assessments that need doing aswell. Why do teachers do that to us? :eek:
Yeah and then they chuck those things called trials in the middle of everything aswell (and make maths worth 50% - 50%!!!!!)

And it should be a rule that you can only do one major work - some one really should have warned me art and society&culture not the best combo if u want to keep stress levels down!!

art shmart

jarding432

I'm in a league of my own
Sset561986 said:
And it should be a rule that you can only do one major work - some one really should have warned me art and society&culture not the best combo if u want to keep stress levels down!!
Yep, I got the same problem :mad:

bubble_tea

well, were forced to finish ours early because our last school assessment is our body of work school exhibition and a speech which is on week 3.. =<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)