how is there like 5 days left... (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
does anyone else feel like the past few days were a few hours like i woke up sat on my desk for a what feels like 2 hours and its already been 12hrs...wtf... it flew :oops:

zizi2003_

HSC
and we only have a few days left i dont wanna get burnt out before anything has even started ut theres so much to cover :/
I KNOW RIGHT????
i have barely covered three subjects and didnt even open my books for the other three lol rip ://

stressedadfff

HSC
I KNOW RIGHT????
i have barely covered three subjects and didnt even open my books for the other three lol rip ://
SAME like i havent touched maths at all and modern barely but ive been on my desk for so bloody long idk how time flies...

satvik_1008

HSC
no way u did two ext subjects bruh how hard was that lmao?
did you mean still doing. yeah its hard but its alright. i just grinded year 12 advanced maths last year so its okay now

jklol

HSC
al
did you mean still doing. yeah its hard but its alright. i just grinded year 12 advanced maths last year so its okay now
so do u have any tips for eco preliminary exam? is it like rly hard?

satvik_1008

HSC
al

so do u have any tips for eco preliminary exam? is it like rly hard?
eco prelim exams
first difficulty depends on school and how harsh they a) set multiple choice and b) how harsh they mark essays
prepping for eco prelim exams highly recommend constantly revising your content by building mindmaps, and doing hard multiple choice questions. start gathering a stat bank now, and if you haven't already, generally pay attention to the news, specifically anything politics, economics and business, that will come in handy.
practice essay writing ideally from now, and get your teacher (or tutor, apparently economics tutoring is starting to be a thing, i find it stupid) to mark it for you, and constantly get feedback. when writing essays remember that although you may be taught a formula (TEEL ,PEEL, APEEL, OREO, etc), an essay is simply just an argument you make, and when writing an essay, you want to at the end of the day be setting out in clear logical steps how everything works, using examples to back you up. This is imperative when writing essays, fluency and clarity of your argument ALWAYS COMES BEFORE whatever formula you are using, if it makes sense to bend or break the formula, do it.

I don't think prelim (or even hsc exams) get too difficult, for social sciences generally its about knowing the content really damn well and knowing how to apply it, its not like there are like crazy tricks you just got to know like you do for 3u and especially 4u maths.

jklol

HSC
eco prelim exams
first difficulty depends on school and how harsh they a) set multiple choice and b) how harsh they mark essays
prepping for eco prelim exams highly recommend constantly revising your content by building mindmaps, and doing hard multiple choice questions. start gathering a stat bank now, and if you haven't already, generally pay attention to the news, specifically anything politics, economics and business, that will come in handy.
practice essay writing ideally from now, and get your teacher (or tutor, apparently economics tutoring is starting to be a thing, i find it stupid) to mark it for you, and constantly get feedback. when writing essays remember that although you may be taught a formula (TEEL ,PEEL, APEEL, OREO, etc), an essay is simply just an argument you make, and when writing an essay, you want to at the end of the day be setting out in clear logical steps how everything works, using examples to back you up. This is imperative when writing essays, fluency and clarity of your argument ALWAYS COMES BEFORE whatever formula you are using, if it makes sense to bend or break the formula, do it.

I don't think prelim (or even hsc exams) get too difficult, for social sciences generally its about knowing the content really damn well and knowing how to apply it, its not like there are like crazy tricks you just got to know like you do for 3u and especially 4u maths.
wow that was actually really comprehensive i'm very grateful for this. I'm also trying to go into 4u math next year so yeah haha.

satvik_1008

HSC
wow that was actually really comprehensive i'm very grateful for this. I'm also trying to go into 4u math next year so yeah haha.
yeah nah all good mate, if you need any eco help just chuck me a pm. Also yeah definetly gun for 4u maths, its hard but its rewarding as fuck and I enjoy it. If ur doing 4u tho, i highly recommend going tutoring (even one of the big places like matrix or du will do) because of just how difficult the subject is, class teachers will never be able to cover the kinda crazy shit they pull out in exams lol.

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
yeah nah all good mate, if you need any eco help just chuck me a pm. Also yeah definetly gun for 4u maths, its hard but its rewarding as fuck and I enjoy it. If ur doing 4u tho, i highly recommend going tutoring (even one of the big places like matrix or du will do) because of just how difficult the subject is, class teachers will never be able to cover the kinda crazy shit they pull out in exams lol.
plus it doubles the 3u mark too i wish people told me that too man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)