How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (1 Viewer)

get_born

nekkid said:
that sounds like such a good thing.
its not when you have to stay at school every monday and tuesdayup until about six o clock and then come in on Saturdays for about 4 hours!

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 said:
I know exactly what u mean, can b such a pain in the arse too!
Tell me about it - i have 5 major works and my art teacher expects me to spend every waking moment doing my art work!!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
pirotess4 said:
Tell me about it - i have 5 major works and my art teacher expects me to spend every waking moment doing my art work!!
I no all art teachers are pains they act like the whole world revolves around art!!!! I mean it's not like we need to know who painted david or something alot of it goes in one ear and out the other. What pointless crap!!! I have forgotten most of my Art stuff now!

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 said:
I no all art teachers are pains they act like the whole world revolves around art!!!! I mean it's not like we need to know who painted david or something alot of it goes in one ear and out the other. What pointless crap!!! I have forgotten most of my Art stuff now!
Yeah most art teachers are like that but hey what can we do.....unfortunately nothing....i have a shit load of art work, a whole fucking folder full of shit i don't even know!! Haha, im sure you're probably the same - art is SO not an artsy-fartsy subject (as my dad calls it) but yeah..........most of it is pointless!!

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
pirotess4 said:
Yeah most art teachers are like that but hey what can we do.....unfortunately nothing....i have a shit load of art work, a whole fucking folder full of shit i don't even know!! Haha, im sure you're probably the same - art is SO not an artsy-fartsy subject (as my dad calls it) but yeah..........most of it is pointless!!
When I was doing Art in yr 12 last year I had two large folders of notes and three text books!!! But I guess as much as I whinge I did get 83 for Art and came in the top 30% in the state all the same I hated it.

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 said:
When I was doing Art in yr 12 last year I had two large folders of notes and three text books!!! But I guess as much as I whinge I did get 83 for Art and came in the top 30% in the state all the same I hated it.
Whoa! 83!! I'll be lucky if i get 50! :'(. The theory is starting to get confusing and i dont like my major but it's too late to change it. It's a wearable art and my teacher is telling me what to do with it - so it's not really my piece that much - it has my meaning and i do the work but she tells me her ideas and like i'm gona go against them coz she marks me on it as well. Besides it's too late to change now. Any tips on how to do better??

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think i realise that i have stress. i have a few white hairs that a few friends spotted one free period a few days ago...

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 said:
What is confusing u about the theory? Maybe I can help you. :D
Just analyising artworks in exams etc. I mean i analyse it to my hearts content and i still can't seem to get everything in there. I look at the frame, the reason it was doen, the time period everything but somehow i always stuff up. I think handing in practice exams to my teacher will help me but i'm not too sure

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
wrong_turn said:
i think i realise that i have stress. i have a few white hairs that a few friends spotted one free period a few days ago...
In that is the case if you're going grey prematurely you are definitely stressed out!!!!! :eek: :(

pirotess4

HSC
N/A
wrong_turn said:
Man......start to drink camomile tea or something. Don't worry to much about the HSC, i know coming from me the biggest stresser of them all that's a bit hypocritical but just try your hardest without stressing out too much. The HSC isn't the be all and end all, but i still want to get good in it, but your health is DEFINETLY more important. Also it might not be just the stress - dyeing your hair for a long period of time can have that affect

aaaman

Banned
HSC
im coping all but 4 english :mad: stupid thing pisses me off, da teachers r out 2 get me n they are aware i feel that. like my assessments i get ranked 60th from assesments n when it comes to exams when my NAME IS NOT THERE i get ranked 20th.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
pirotess4 said:
Just analyising artworks in exams etc. I mean i analyse it to my hearts content and i still can't seem to get everything in there. I look at the frame, the reason it was doen, the time period everything but somehow i always stuff up. I think handing in practice exams to my teacher will help me but i'm not too sure
Well best thing to do is just to write about main points for eg take Brett Whiteley's "Alchemey" it is a work which is a visual autobiography that fits into both the structual frame & subjective frame. Structual because of the materials the artist uses (strands of his hair) which in the art world unusual. Subjective because it is a record of his life from childhood to adult hood. Then apply what you know about the artist to the conceptual framework (Artist, audience, artwork & world)
The reason ppl get confused is because they try and remember every little thing and then they get muddled.
Hope that helps if you have something specific you want me to address private message me. :)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
aaaman said:
im coping all but 4 english :mad: stupid thing pisses me off, da teachers r out 2 get me n they are aware i feel that. like my assessments i get ranked 60th from assesments n when it comes to exams when my NAME IS NOT THERE i get ranked 20th.
Maybe u do better in the exams than u do in the assesments, I was the other way around :) Always did better assesmen wise and in the exam i'd freak out & lose it. I tell u it's not uncommon.

freaked

HSC
pirotess4 said:
...Don't worry to much about the HSC, i know coming from me the biggest stresser of them all that's a bit hypocritical but just try your hardest without stressing out too much. The HSC isn't the be all and end all, but i still want to get good in it, but your health is DEFINETLY more important.
I hate when people say that. All I think is, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. To me, the HSC is hugely important, if I stress so much that I end up in hospital at the end of the year, then so be it, as long as I get good marks.

The HSC could be a less stressed if the bored of studies took into consideration the amount of work they are putting on students, lessen the work load, or spread it over two year (and to everyone reading this, don't yell at me for this next part), even if it means adding an extra year.

Pace_T

HSC
freaked said:
I hate when people say that. All I think is, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. To me, the HSC is hugely important, if I stress so much that I end up in hospital at the end of the year, then so be it, as long as I get good marks.
What you are implying there is that if you stress, you will get you higher marks. Where does that come in? I think what you mean is that you don't care if you stress, it's all worthwhile as long as you get the marks you want/need.

freaked said:
The HSC could be a less stressed if the bored of studies took into consideration the amount of work they are putting on students, lessen the work load, or spread it over two year
More people will get high UAI's. This will just push up the cut offs. It will make it harder for you to get into the course that way. With the current system, it's adjusted so it filters out those who don't want to work THAT hard, and those who are determined to get into the course they want.

freaked said:
(and to everyone reading this, don't yell at me for this next part), even if it means adding an extra year.
I agree.
What's one year?
Especially when in contrast to the next couple of years of doing something you don't really want to do. On the other hand, one year of year 12 is much better than having to wait a year for a POSSIBLE transfer. It's much less stressful that way, IMO.

Just my general thoughts..

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
freaked said:

The HSC could be a less stressed if the bored of studies took into consideration the amount of work they are putting on students, lessen the work load, or spread it over two year (and to everyone reading this, don't yell at me for this next part), even if it means adding an extra year.
While it is your choice whether or not you drive yourself to ill-health, you should analyse the worth of it. You would essentially be breaking down just to gain a few extra marks which in the grand scheme of things are quite meaningless, as you can make up for these marks with all the different entry ways - even to get into the illustrious Medicine and Law courses. And it is not only the Board's decision to make it stressful, if you feel you want that extra year then take it, there is no shame in it. It is essentially a trade off - time or stress, which one do you want to experience more of on your way to your course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)