• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How is Chem/Physics/Bio at tipps ?? (1 Viewer)

VuongstER_boi

HSC
hey, does anyone here know if the Chemistry/Physics/ Biology tuition at tipps is any good in terms of teachers,working material etc. I was thinking of going cos I've heard it's quite cheap, $15/ hr i think or sumfing, as opposed to pre-uni, which is like $25/hr.

vizman

HSC
im not too sure about their sciences, but i've heard their maths tuition is excellent and as such is in demand

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
vizman said:
im not too sure about their sciences, but i've heard their maths tuition is excellent and as such is in demand
Their English is also excellent :)

santacious

HSC
VuongstER_boi said:
hey, does anyone here know if the Chemistry/Physics/ Biology tuition at tipps is any good in terms of teachers,working material etc. I was thinking of going cos I've heard it's quite cheap, $15/ hr i think or sumfing, as opposed to pre-uni, which is like $25/hr.
Hey, i don't recommend physics or chemistry at tipps, the teachers give you a pile of work without much explanation, but maths is pretty good depending on the teacher you get

dr3amy

tipps is really really really good for maths if you get kobskii the owner. i didnt know they had bio; chem & physics not that helpful because the teacher doesnt really do the syllabus thoroughly. Eng is also pretty good as in yr 12 they separate the electives and give you good notes

Last edited by a moderator:

VuongstER_boi

HSC
heheh, i noe , i go there for maths too !,i have Ricky, but was thinking of doing Chem/Physics/ bio there in future. Btw, how does kobskii compare with Ricky?

vienl

Usyd pharming
HSC
wooo long time since i last visited Tipps...been for the coupla years right up to yr 12. did english maths physics and chemistry...

english is good if u get the right teacher...theres a guy there who used to be principal somwhere..hes good

2u maths...haha i cant really comment on 3u or 4u but Kobski is top for these two subz, Ricki i believe mainly takes younger classes...but who knows now.

physics and chemistry used to be taught by Kobski, he was good, now its this old man...hes got heaps of background knowledge so it makes for an interesting session

been everywhere...but personally found tipps the one the worked for me..

-plus it was cheap at like $15/class

carpediem

HSC
I love Ricky bahahah pink shirts... ahhhhh does he still have those quizzes at like xmas and easter and end of the year, i wonder if he talks bout me.

And with chem and physics, they don't have bio. The teacher i quite like him but hey my school teaches jack all, so i really find tutoring helpful i learn most of my stuff from there.

And i got kobskii for 3U and 4U great teacher

Shit i realised i've been there for like more than 4 years i like it more than school even though i have no friends at tipps and i sit by myself as some emo bastard.

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh..I have Hannah for two years and she is great<3..Hey..Tiips is really good especially for Maths<3...did English tutoring..did not help me one bit..

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I've only heard about maths at tipps. Not sure if anything else there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)