How hesitant are you when revealing your marks? (1 Viewer)

planino

HSC
Come results time, there's a lot of "Omg what'dya get?" etc.
So how hesitant are we when it comes to revealing our marks,good or bad, to others?

I personally don't care that much, even if my marks are bad (got <50% for Eng. Adv. yearly and practically told people my mark without them even asking me), but I used to be very apprehensive over bad marks when I was younger hahaha

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Come results time, there's a lot of "Omg what'dya get?" etc.
So how hesitant are we when it comes to revealing our marks,good or bad, to others?

I personally don't care that much, even if my marks are bad (got <50% for Eng. Adv. yearly and practically told people my mark without them even asking me), but I used to be very apprehensive over bad marks when I was younger hahaha
I don't really care now with final results and that, but I used to dislike it in school assessments because people would ask and then get sad/hostile if I beat them-I mean when you directly pester me for the actual mark (instead of just good, happy etc.) you can't get pissy at the response lol. I also think it's stupid when people do it and are like "Arr I beat you!".

planino

HSC
I don't really care now with final results and that, but I used to dislike it in school assessments because people would ask and then get sad/hostile if I beat them-I mean when you directly pester me for the actual mark (instead of just good, happy etc.) you can't get pissy at the response lol.
Haha yeah, I guess so

I also think it's stupid when people do it and are like "Arr I beat you!".
But it's fun!

planino

HSC
superSAIyan2 (cringeworthy username ugh), why no reply from you? ;)

HSC
Uni Grad
Not at all for me. In fact I remember I was trolling ppl 5 hours before results, claiming that I was going to the ricefields coz I didn't get a good enough ATAR :p

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I hate the attention that surrounds getting the highest mark. I prefer people mutter among themselves and never find out.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
I hate the attention that surrounds getting the highest mark. I prefer people mutter among themselves and never find out.
What are you even doing? I've never heard of your subjects.

funstudy

HSC
I don't feel the need to inform my friends of every single exam mark- those people who constantly ask for it are so annoying though. Generally I just say "good" "okay" to shut them up haha

deswa1

HSC
At my school, marks spread like fire anyway- it doesn't matter whether you told people or not, everyone would always know the top marks in any test within an hour pretty much haha.

With HSC results and ATAR, if someone wants to know, I'll tell them but I try to avoid bringing it up randomly

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
At my school, marks spread like fire anyway- it doesn't matter whether you told people or not, everyone would always know the top marks in any test within an hour pretty much haha.

With HSC results and ATAR, if someone wants to know, I'll tell them but I try to avoid bringing it up randomly
Same. I hated it. :(

Focus is Key

HSC
I'll tell my friends if it's good or bad and they'll do the same to me, anyone else gets told if they ask. I usually get 10ish asking.

SanjoyM

HSC
I ALWAYS lower my mark than it actually is, usually by 2 or 3, even 5 :p Ceebs at times!! It's my mark... no one needs to know..
Just happy/unhappy or being content should be indicative of my performance.. Really frustrates me when individuals pester me for marks, especially marks for each question or essay at times.. haha! Meh. Uni now xD

SanjoyM

HSC
And yeah, my English Ext and Adv teacher would always call the first person up.. Everyone would then start questioning me.. LOL (in a good way that is)
I ONLY share my actual marks with REALLY REALLY close friends and my besties!

deswa1

HSC
I ALWAYS lower my mark than it actually is, usually by 2 or 3, even 5 :p Ceebs at times!! It's my mark... no one needs to know..
Just happy/unhappy or being content should be indicative of my performance.. Really frustrates me when individuals pester me for marks, especially marks for each question or essay at times.. haha! Meh. Uni now xD
Why would you tell people lower marks?

SanjoyM

HSC
Why would you tell people lower marks?
haha! So, they would STAHP pestering me or attempting to find mistakes in the marking..Some people tend to be like that. However, most of my close friends and besties know my mark, so meh. haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)