How have you been in ext 2 so far? Enjoying...or suffering...? (1 Viewer)

bottle01

HSC
I'm sort of between both. Enjoying it at normal classes and suffering before assessment tasks.

Indeed, I found 4u much much harder than 3u. Before 3u task, i could revise 2 to 3 topics per night, but in 4u, only 1 topic two nights...( i like to progress my revision carefully...so it takes a long time)...

My best friend got a 100% in 3u last term, but only 85% in 4u. I got 98% in 3u (1 mark lower than her) and 85 % in 4u... Today, we got our marks back. I've been very very lucky to have 93% (42/45) in 4u...KAKAKAKA. However, some of the girls in ourschool are very freaker...

Chinese girl A: 1st - 98%; 2nd - 98%
Chinese girl B: 1st - 98%; 2nd - 96%
Chinese girl C: 1st - 100%; 2nd- 93%

And the rest of the class was like around or below 85%...the lowest mark was 60%...

How could they do that?...cause i didn't find the test easy at all!!!!

(maybe i'm dunned i reckon...>_<...)

Last edited:

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
I like Ext II

I used to like It more

Until my first test, which happened to be the Mid Course Exam

Not a fun test at all....stupid stupid conics

Had a rectangular hypebola and a circle and 4 points of intersection and all this random stuff

Lines Everywhere

We havent got them back yet

Other than that its ok

gg

bottle01

HSC
i do agree...rectangular hyperbola is very confusing...>_<...
however, we've done 3 topics so far...
Complex number, Conics, Polynomial...

I'm wondering if my school runs the course slower than others...

schismular

HSC
Our school has done the same topics so far, so if your schools slow, at least mine is too (thought that might give you some comfort)- I think we're doing integration next or graphs- cant remember which....

I think I am enjoying ext 2- but its hard to tell...I mean, yeh I stress about it and often wonder why I chose it, but then at other times I realy enjoy it- ie I really liked polynomials-maybe coz i got it more than complex numbers....

Im probably not going the best I could, but I hope Ill go alright in the midcourse on thursday....I think i'll go alright as I was probably the best at polynomials in our class and probably right up tehre in conics, and about middle for complex numbers.

mel4dan

Im really enjoying ext 2, however there is a lot of work to do on top of my already heavy workload :sleep: . at the moment i am ranked 2nd in my class but i havent done the half yearly yet because ive been ill and i will do it first thing next term. :eek:

so far we have done:
-->graphs
-->complex numbers
-->conics
-->integration
-->starting volumes

bottle01

HSC
HarryKozy said:
Im really enjoying ext 2, however there is a lot of work to do on top of my already heavy workload :sleep: . at the moment i am ranked 2nd in my class but i havent done the half yearly yet because ive been ill and i will do it first thing next term. :eek:

so far we have done:
-->graphs
-->complex numbers
-->conics
-->integration
-->starting volumes

omg...that's so fast...wat skool r u in?

bottle01

HSC
schismular said:
I think i'll go alright as I was probably the best at polynomials in our class and probably right up tehre in conics, and about middle for complex numbers.
well done:wave: ...my marks were all lost in poly section...very frustrating...!!!!

we'll finish graphing tomorrow as it'll be the last day of school and we'll have triple maths:eek: before the assembly...the teacher wants to finish this topic before the holiday so each two sections have been squeezed into one class now...pretty much rushing...

also, every 4u people have been given 30 sets of trail exam papers from different school as practice during the holiday. 10 for 4u, 10 for 3u, 10 for 2u. :worried: They made it as a booklet and we have three...seems very scary...

P

pLuvia

Going alright, currently ranked 4th from the last topic test, maybe move up a spot in this half yearly

_ShiFTy_

HSC
Not too bad atm...dno about rank but i got 93% and 87% raw in the first assesment and H/Y respectively

bboyelement

HSC
bottle01 said:
I'm sort of between both. Enjoying it at normal classes and suffering before assessment tasks.

Indeed, I found 4u much much harder than 3u. Before 3u task, i could revise 2 to 3 topics per night, but in 4u, only 1 topic two nights...( i like to progress my revision carefully...so it takes a long time)...

My best friend got a 100% in 3u last term, but only 85% in 4u. I got 98% in 3u (1 mark lower than her) and 85 % in 4u... Today, we got our marks back. I've been very very lucky to have 93% (42/45) in 4u...KAKAKAKA. However, some of the girls in ourschool are very freaker...

Chinese girl A: 1st - 98%; 2nd - 98%
Chinese girl B: 1st - 98%; 2nd - 96%
Chinese girl C: 1st - 100%; 2nd- 93%

And the rest of the class was like around or below 85%...the lowest mark was 60%...

How could they do that?...cause i didn't find the test easy at all!!!!

(maybe i'm dunned i reckon...>_<...)

holy cr*p wat school do you go to ... thats crazy getting 98% in 4 unit ... ill be so happy with 70% ... actually im enjoying 4 unit except for conics and early morning classes

A l

HSC
N/A
Extension 2 is great so far, the topics are bearable and so is the workload. The only thing that I am suffering in, is the exams. Our school makes them really hard because a lot of harder Exension 1 topics are in it, which we haven't precisely covered but we are expected to know how to approach them independently...
So far we have covered:
- Graphs
- Complex Numbers
- Conics
==> starting on Polynomials (We've recently finished Extension 1 Polynomials so this immediately extends the Extension 1 theory)

_ShiFTy_

HSC
Where is everyone up to at school? I find that we're going a bit slow...we've completed complex/conics/graphs and we're up to reduction formulae for integration

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

You guys aren't slow we're are slow :p
With school I've finished complex/graphs/polynomials starting conics next term :p
With tutor I've done all those topics and half way through integration :D I think the next topic at school after conics will be integration

GaganDeep

fffff
HSC
we'v don, complex conic, graphs and polynomials and started inegreation

Riviet

HSC
N/A
So far, I've been enjoying the course, except for conics, which I dislike the heavy algebra. We've also done complex numbers, curve sketching and the method of slicing in volumes.

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
In my 3 person class

In MURBAHHHHHH (or Murhole as me and my associates like to call it)

we have completed
-complex numbers
-polys
-graphs
-integration
-conics
And are starting the next topic next term

And they were all my half yearly
that will be interesting

Good Luck everybody and keep up the nice work

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
omg, her school's marks are freaky!!!

I only got 43/75 and came 3rd. First was 2 marks higher.

I HATE STUPID MISTAKES... !!!!

I seriously should have done much better.... would've easily got 50 if not for stupid mistakes... 4 x 4 anyone...? My answer was 8 :O :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)