How hard will it be for me to get at ATAR of 75 + with these subjects? StartingYear12 (1 Viewer)

starmk53

HSC
N/A
Hi guys im just starting year 12 and was wondering how hard it would be for me to get an ATAR of 75+ i want around 80.
Standard english
General Maths
Business
Accounting
PDHPE

In my year 11 yearlies i did good in all my subjects averaging 75-80%

pigas

HSC
Re: How hard will it be for me to get at ATAR of 75 + with these subjects? StartingYe

You can get any ATAR with any subjects. Only thing out of your subjects is that you have to do very well in Standard English because usually that pulls you down. If you averaged around 80% then maybe if your school lets you (though I doubt anyone is allowed) you should move up to advanced? It's really not much more difficult, just a bit more work.

Anyway I think you could achieve your goal, you just have to try your best, get good ranks and good marks.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
Re: How hard will it be for me to get at ATAR of 75 + with these subjects? StartingYe

aim for high 80s in yr 12 and focus on english coz its gonna scale you down a bit if you dont perform good.

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

no y

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

what do you think

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

chill

starmk53

HSC
N/A

Will general maths scale me down?

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A

forget scaling and just try your best, get the top rank and any atar is possible.

starmk53

HSC
N/A

how many hours you recommend i study per day>

pigas

HSC

Really depends on how you learn, the subjects etc. but in general, I'd say for each subject maybe half an hour a day, or at least for the subjects you had that day. I think 3 - 4 hours is ideal. But again, some people rarely study and still do well.

In my opinion, you should firstly do any homework you have, then revise everything you did that day. That doesn't mean just writing notes; that means summarising, learning any definitions or concepts you don't understand, doing any activities that will help you further understand etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)