How hard is law if you are bad at writing english essays. (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: b.economics usyd vs b.comm/law macquarie

sghguos, I have noticed that many of your posts are devoted to finding out whether you can get yourself a job later in a finance related role? I am taking a wild guess here that you are in year 12 right now - and hence may have to ask yourself a few questions not limited but may include:

What do I want to do as work?
Why do I want to work in said industry/role?
What in the industry/role interests me?
Why are these aspects/features/duties interesting?
Where am I right now; what things do i need to do or attain to get to this industry/role where i find blah blah aspects intresting?

Kurby

HSC
N/A

Oh thanks for the advice especially from someone whos done an b.eco(hons)!!!

Can I ask though, do you have a good job right now? is eco jobs really that hard? what would my specs have to be.

Also, with law what areas can i apply it to?

Yeah not bad job I suppose. You'll need an honours degree to generally get into the econ jobs like RBA, treasury, ABS, Econ consultancies etc.
Outside of the law industry (which is saturated) people with law degree have gotten into like accounting, tax law, finance, corporate finance etc. I think law shines out I'm a quality candidate

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Yeah not bad job I suppose. You'll need an honours degree to generally get into the econ jobs like RBA, treasury, ABS, Econ consultancies etc.
Outside of the law industry (which is saturated) people with law degree have gotten into like accounting, tax law, finance, corporate finance etc. I think law shines out I'm a quality candidate
Hey I was wondering if i do b.economics (honors) but the honors is a finance honor.. is that okay to get a job in RBA?

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad

Hey I was wondering if i do b.economics (honors) but the honors is a finance honor.. is that okay to get a job in RBA?
According to RBA graduate opportunities website:
Cadets are third-year (or equivalent penultimate-year) students who intend to complete Economics or Finance Honours and who have attained a distinction average on the core subjects of their undergraduate degree.

Finance honours should be fine..

sghguos

HSC
N/A

According to RBA graduate opportunities website:
Cadets are third-year (or equivalent penultimate-year) students who intend to complete Economics or Finance Honours and who have attained a distinction average on the core subjects of their undergraduate degree.

Finance honours should be fine..

i already failed a few first year subjects..... does that disqualify me straight, if thats the case thats pretty fkn retarded

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad

I'm not sure retarded would be a word used to describe candidates who don't qualify to submit their application to places like the RBA. Especially if there are coherts and not to mention candidates that may deem to meet their academic discrimination because of their distinction average.

Further, an employer who discriminates on an applicant's academic level and/or attitude and therefore fit with the cultural model is the norm if you were looking at any role in a professional industry.

Combo

beast
HSC

i already failed a few first year subjects..... does that disqualify me straight, if thats the case thats pretty fkn retarded
nop to make up for it, you have to get HD for all your subjects until you graduate. in which case it does disqualify you if you know what i mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)