How hard is it to become a PASS tutor for the first year courses? (1 Viewer)

sarah jones

HSC
on the website it says you need distinction in the subject but realistically is it only the HD achievers that become PASS tutors?
would they still consider you if you got credit in other subjects while you got a distinction in the subject you want to tutor?
also, what is the process like to become an actual subject tutor (not PASS leader)...? Requirements?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
on the website it says you need distinction in the subject but realistically is it only the HD achievers that become PASS tutors?
would they still consider you if you got credit in other subjects while you got a distinction in the subject you want to tutor?
also, what is the process like to become an actual subject tutor (not PASS leader)...? Requirements?

While the requirement to be a pass leader for that course is a distinction, they tend to look at your overall performance too. Most of my friends who are pass leaders have gotten HD or a high D in that course. Their overall WAM is about 80+.

My friend was offered a tutor position after becoming a pass leader.

Other than that I am not too sure.

zhiying

HSC
Depends on the courses, I'm a PASS leader for first year actuarial courses and they looked at marks + an interview where you had to teach in front of the lecturer in charge. I didn't get a HD in that subject, got high D instead.

zhiying

HSC
I would say 80+ is the minimum...if your marks are only credit-ish then it doesn't reflect your understanding of the course

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
If you did well in accounting , does bad economics mark /stats mark affect the chances of being a pass leader for first year accounting ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)