How fast do you read? (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I'm slow mostly because I have to make sure I've digested the information, otherwise it feels pointless.

ravenheart

HSC
i find the words blurry after reading really fast for 5 minutes, so..for the sake of my eyes...i try to read as slow as i can.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im heaps slow.... like HEAPS slow.. well i think i am anyway... takes me forever to read books, and then when im finished......i forget everything ive just read.

K4rma

read

I read pretty fast :D read 1 page , skip the next . it still makes sense

J

jhakka

I think you can train yourself to speed read by using a metronome.

mayhemily

HSC
i did a speed reading course thingo with my mum when i was like 13 lol i dont think it did much. I'm a pretty fast reader... too fast, annoying when reading a good book coz it finishes too quickly. Read the last hp book in a day.

capsicum

HSC
i dont know how fast i can read. i think im a pretty slow reader. really boring books/texts take about 3 rounds before it's absorbed into my head. i like reading on the train - quiet ones that is. i dont even bother in carriages with young kids - just too noisy.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i dunno exactly how fast i read, but it took me about 6 hours to read cover to cover Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
I only read fast when it is a book that I like and get engaged in, like Harry Potter or Rainbow Six

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
reno2004 said:
I only read fast when it is a book that I like and get engaged in, like Harry Potter or Rainbow Six
me too.. minus harry potter. give me a good book and ill read it in a couple of hours..like dead famous =) but give me a crap book and ill read the same page a few times before getting it

gem_max

HSC
sometimes its annoying when you read fast because you get excited and through the thing too fast then suddenly after closing the book on that final page youre like 'now what? oh crap ill have to find another book and will it be as good as this one?'

Its such an anti climax...

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i read books and things im interested in really fast, but if its an article or something for uni, it takes me ages

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
townie said:
i dunno exactly how fast i read, but it took me about 6 hours to read cover to cover Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
wow that is pretty fast......it took me ages to read that....about double you time i'd say...i dunno exactly....im a heaps s............l............o............w............ reader.......its gunna suk for tha exams....esp. english....dammit

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Hrm... around 100+ pages per hour. I read faster if it's a book I'm actually interested in, or if I have access to food. Otherwise I'm continually breaking off reading to go find food.

HSC
N/A
I also read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix easily in 5 or 6 hours. Reading fast can be fun - except sometimes the plot is just SO exciting you wish you could read faster so you could get it all in... then it starts getting boring and you're like "waaaaaah..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)