How FAST did year 12 go?! (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Is it just me...or did year 12 just fly by?! I can barely even remember a thing that happened in the first half of the year. When I think about year 12, all I remember is the 3 weeks break between school and the HSC, and the exams themselves. All the rest of it-classes, free periods, lunchtimes, roll calls...it feels like it was barely there.

Maybe thats why year 12 is so dreaded...people tell their stories of sleepless nights ploughing through textbooks drinking far too much caffeine, because thats what springs to mind, but this really only went on for like 6 weeks...the rest of the year was a complete bludge-o-rama, but we all forget about that bit...

GJ_JOE

blood brother
for me, after the trials time just flew....alittle too fast cuz i actually miss not seeing everybody five times a week and even going to classes!

but maybe its because we started term 1 of our final year in late 2001...or maybe because cuz we (many ppl at my school who only did 10units) finished early on mondays, tuesdays and fridays and started late on thursdays...

or maybe it went by so fast because..... we actually having fun:eek:

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
Hmmm, you guys had much more fun than I did! I did 13 units, so I had morning classes :p. FOr me the year went so fast because with 13 units, there's always an assessment or two galloping over the horizon!

timmii

sporadic attendee
I also did 13 units, didn't find it too bad tho coz one was a major work. But you're right about the steady stream of assessments that just seemed to flow past...

The year went so fast...its almost surreal that its over. We were discussing the world cup the other day and I just could not believe that it not only happened this year, but it was just a few months ago. There was a quick quiz in the paper that referred to "gosford park", and i remember going to see it with friends for eng x1 - but it just seems like years ago. Same with various school functions and parties along the way, it feels like eons have passed since, but at the same time its gone so quick. I have absolutely no concept of time any more! On the whole tho i have fond memories of the year, which is the way i reckon it should be. It was our last year of school, should have been the greatest - or at least right up there!

Fi

BADLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,
Too fast at times, but i enjoyed every minute of it:D i hated the 3 weeks before the HSC exams.....i suppose i burnt out.

schwang_thang

yeah i luved it :D
esp. term 3 when there wasn't really nething 2 do...no assessments 2 hand in...all planning n preparation 4 the formal n graduation...bludging classes 2 have long convos n water fights in the yr 12 area...*sigh*

i think im in a bit of an anti climax atm

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
mayb it zoomed by coz we were only in "Year 12" for 3 terms

ellebelle

Our school starts year 12 work in term 4 of year 11, and although i've only just completed that and i have another year of HSC to go, it feels like it drags on for two years because you're doing it over 2002 AND 2003

schwang_thang

Originally posted by ellebelle
Our school starts year 12 work in term 4 of year 11, and although i've only just completed that and i have another year of HSC to go, it feels like it drags on for two years because you're doing it over 2002 AND 2003
nah...when u get back 2 school next yr, ull b like 'omg only 3 terms 2 go!'...or can b like me when i was in yr 12 n go 'omg only 2 terms 2 go, bcos the school shud finish teaching us the courses b4 the trials (which begins in early term 3)'

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
this how my year twelve year went ... term four gone in a week ... holidays lasted for about a week (altho it was meant to be six) ... the rest of the year drifted by like a walk in the park until the trials ... which was two weeks ... and then the hsc which was four weeks ... of course stuvac was spent in front of tele ... so all up ... two months ...

jessika

law chicky
HSC
term 1 and term 2 went pretty quick, then everything else seemed to drag on.....and went on and on forever. Especially the actual hsc, after english, I was wishing that they would just compact all my exams into one day, so I could do them and just go and party. (although at other times, I was having stress outs about how I needed just *one* more day to study before my exams).

pri

HSC
N/A
time flies when ur having fun

*cough* bullshit *cough*

GJ_JOE

blood brother
so fast that when you get to your last weeks you'll be prayin' for it to slow down!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
by my last exam ... i thinking ... i wish this was already over ... i was sick of the hsc ...

Last edited:

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Hmm... too slow and too fast a the same time...

Every hour was like an eternity to me, we did so much, yet the 6 hours at school each day wsn't long enough for us to bludge... it passed in an instant...

and then practice exams lasted exactly as long as they sould've been, and I was shocked because I never recognised I lived in real time before... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)