How far would a person go to gain a relationship and how do they cope when it's gone? (1 Viewer)

nicm_1

HSC
my friends irp topic:

"How far would a person go to gain a relationship and how do they cope when it's gone?"

opinions?

Miss Code

HSC
Re: How far would a person go to gain a relationship and how do they cope when it's g

my friends irp topic:

"How far would a person go to gain a relationship and how do they cope when it's gone?"

opinions?

Personally I dont like the topic, I think in one way its to broad and people wont answer the questions properly as its to personal.
Try doing a pilot survey to see what people think of the type of questions you want.

Have you looked up secondary information? if so have you gotten correct information that will go with your hypothisis?

Have you talked about it with your CAFS teacher?? if so what did s/he think?

I did my IRP last year, good experince :) good luck!

Kat92

HSC
Re: How far would a person go to gain a relationship and how do they cope when it's g

my friends irp topic:

opinions?
I agree with Miss Code on this one, great advice given upon her part :). I also reckon, that it is too broad a topic. With your hypothesis you need to try to link back to an aspect from the CAFS syllabus (e.g. wellbeing, family interactions, etc).

Last edited:

ac91

HSC

I too have to agree. I think the topic is too broad as well as too personal.
I suggest your friend tries something a little different like;

Have gender roles in relationships changed in the last decade?

That is if they insist on the relationships strand. I think it is specific while also is not too personal.

PenguinOfDeath

HSC

that would probably be really interesting, but wayyy to broad. i would say pick something else, but make sure its something that you find you're interested in. i noticed that with my cafs class, the people who loved doing the irp had really amazing topics that they liked/were interested in, while the people that hated on it had boring topics like hsc & stress or divorce or something like that.

Kat92

HSC

that would probably be really interesting, but wayyy to broad. i would say pick something else, but make sure its something that you find you're interested in. i noticed that with my cafs class, the people who loved doing the irp had really amazing topics that they liked/were interested in, while the people that hated on it had boring topics like hsc & stress or divorce or something like that.
I quite agree, sounds a bit like how my class was with their IRP's. No point in doing something that you don't enjoy and will find too difficult to research.

victoria10

HSC

it sounds interesting, but i think if you want to do the topic, best option would be to define your topic a bit more, choose a particular relationship you want to research. it will be really hard to find secondary research for it as well, but good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)